Stuck In Las Cruces

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Don...glad to hear you are working things out with Heartland.

I can vouch for the fact that there IS nothing that they can't fix on one of these things....

Working with the flow is so much easier than working against it...once Heartland is done your unit it will be like new again...actually better than new. Good Luck!:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
WOW, this is quite a change of attitude from not long ago. Why the sudden consideration?
I'm pretty sure earlier on in this thread, Don had said he was waiting on a response from Heartland. It sounds as if they are responding. Hopefully for the best outcome.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Pulltab as Ray stated I was waiting on a response from Heartland. Is what they offered what I wanted? No, but as long as they are trying to get to the bottom of how this all come about and they tell me there is nothing they can't fix on these trailers it just makes no sense to me to bite the hand that is trying to negotiate a compromise that will benefit both of us. The only other option is to get lawyers involved and I already know who comes out ahead in these instances. So for now it is in Heartlands hands and I think it should remain there as long as they are trying to do what is right.

Don

Last edited:

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Sorry about the delay in answering jgilbert but I have been waiting on the factory. I arrived in Elkhart on May 18Th for my appointment on May 20Th. After meeting with Gary Randolph and Jim Fenner and a couple of shop foremen I think, I was told that they would have to order parts and build some structures to be replaced on the trailer and it would probably be the following Wednesday before they were ready to get to work. The next Wednesday come and Gary contacted me sometime during that week and told me that he would be on vacation the next week and if anything come up to contact Jim Fenner. I have talked to someone in the service dept that I thought was named David but no one knows who that would be so I probably had the wrong name but was told that it would be Friday before they would be ready for me to bring the trailer in. This morning I was not contacted by 9:00AM so I called to see if someone could tell me when they might be ready for the trailer and was talking with Steve who was trying to find out something for me when he said Jim Fenner just walked in and he would connect me to him. At this time Mr. Fenner stated that they were still not ready for the trailer and maybe they would be ready by Monday. Meanwhile every time a couple of days have been added I have to extend my stay at the Elkhart Campground at the daily rate which is $11.00 a day more than the weekly rate so the stay gets more expensive by the day. I am in hopes that I will get in the shop Monday and get out of here to my assignment in Montana where I was supposed to be May 1ST where my wife has been for almost three weeks. I sure miss my gal.

Tom of Ypsi

Don,

See you on Sunday at Elkhart CG. We are coming in with Ken & Kathy Adams (KAKAMPERS) for a Monday morning appointment at HL.

lhetsler

Quite an ordeal

Goldwingers, you have been through quite an ordeal. You deserve whatever help they can give you. I am glad to see they are taking care of you at least some even without maybe a legal obligation to do so. It nice to see that Heartland seems to at least have a Heart (pun intended).

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Yep we're here too.. Keep this up and we will have our own rally..
Let us know when you arrive. You can buy lunch :D

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
To those of you that have expressed a concern about buying from Heartland because of the complaints you read about on this board keep in mind that in the end Heartland has stepped up to the plate and though the work is not done yet I have full confidence that in the end they will do what is needed to remedy my situation.
This has been a real ordeal for me but it is almost over as I take the trailer to the factory tomorrow And still have some things to be worked out but I feel as though Heartland will rectify the situation. Thanks to everyones support through this matter and I hope to be back on the road in a few days.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Well folks she is in the shop and they tell me it should only take a couple of days to repair it. The lengthy part was the two weeks waiting to get the parts ordered and assembled before they could get it in the shop. Anyway it won't be as long as it has been. Started this adventure six weeks ago and it will soon be over.

Don

cjbearden

Visitor
Wonderful news, Don. It has been a pleasure visiting with you in spite of the circumstances. Wish we could have met Sheri but we will down the road sometime. I know she is ready for you to get to MT and go to work. You are always welcome to come visit us. If you don't get back by the Campground, God bless you on your travels.

Carolyn and J.D.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Don
We plan to go to Montana this year. Let me know were your working and we will try to drop in and say hello. I don't know what day we will be there but hopefully we can stop by or stay at the park your in.

Good luck
BC

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Bobcat we will be at the Whitefish KOA. It is on Hwy.93 South out of Whitefish about three miles on the left or coming from Kalispell it is about seven miles on the right. Hope to see y'all this summer.

Don

jgilbert

Don,

Are you in Whitefish now? Is the trailer fixed? What actually did Heartland have to do to get you fixed up?

Joe