• Pets ok?: Yes
  • Golf carts allowed?: Yes
  • Golf Cart restrictions?: proof of insurance
  • Golf Cart fees?: no

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 25
  • Register by end of day 5/1/2019
  • Site fee: $53.40 tax included for cash only. If credit or debit cost will be $55+tax.
  • Club Member Event fee:
  • Non-Heartland Brand fee: $20
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: june 1st
  • Potluck time: TBD

Additional Info:
Hello heartland members. Our rally will again be at this great resort for the benefit of those attending the national rally in goshen starting the week after. If you havent been here before its well worth it. Its very close to the windsor/detroit border crossing and only about 4hrs from goshen so not that far. There is a nice golf course winding its way thru the resort. Our potluck will be in the banquet room adjacent to the restaurant. It is a very clean park with all the amenities needed. To all our american rv friends please consider coming and have some fun before moving onto goshen. Any day trips or rally events will be added in the near future. There will be an early arrivals meal planned for the thursday night whether we order off the menu or go out to a restaurant outside the park. If you wish to come earlier in the week please let valerie know.

NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!!...........The rum runners tour has been cancelled due to lack of interest. Therefore a golf outing will be set up for the saturday and is open to anyone. Let me know if interested. Our welcome evening will be friday at 6pm at the banquet room adjacent to the onsite restaurant. Karen young would like to hold a greeting card class for anyone who is interested and this will be held on saturday at 1pm. There will also be a class by liz powell to learn how to line dance at 3pm. If you already line dance come and join in and have some fun. Our potluck supper will be at 5pm saturday. Your free to come a bit earlier and mingle. Unfortunately alcohol will not be allowed but you can buy drinks from the bar in restaurant adjacent to the banquet room. PLEASE NOTE IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA OF WHAT THEY WILL BRING TO THE POTLUCK PLEASE LET ME KNOW SO WE CAN KEEP TRACK AND NOT HAVE TOO MANY OF SAME FOOD SELECTION COMING. The onsite restaurant is providing some of their excellent broasted chicken as an added selection which heartland is paying for. So consider this when deciding what to make. A heartland sponsored breakfast will take place sunday morning at 830 am. There will be eggs, bacon, ham, homefries, toast and coffee/tea. We will have fruit and juice also. Saturday morning we would also like to do our regular trailer talk session where people can ask questions and/or relate some of their experiences with trailer repairs or offer advice. This is always a benefit for the new heartland owners. Will probably be around 830am and happen at our site. We will have pastries/other goodies and coffee provided. That should be it for updates but keep checking to be safe.

If anyone wants to golf let me know so i can make a list which has been started. I am thinking of a 11am tee time.

Attendee's

1. Mike and Donna Tinklin....May 29th to June 2nd......mike - golf ..........Mac and cheese bundt cake casserole.
2. Al and Kim Sherwin....May 29th to June 3rd.......al - golf..........Lasagna
3. Bob and Christine Fournelle.....May 30th to June 2nd.......Sausage rolls
4. Bill Parent and Karen Young........marble streusal coffee cake
5. Doug and Theresa Anglin
6. Brian and Bette Clemens.....May 30th to June 2nd.......smoked pork roast
7. Wayne and Deb Kaufman
8. Neil and Solange Wolfe
9. Andy and Bev Moulton
10. Andy Robertson and Sandra Gibeault
11. Don and Diane Harris
12. Gord and Darlene Labombard
13. Mike and Wendy Genereaux
14. Bill and Donna Vandertuin
15. Dale and Alice Smith.......tossed salad
16. Wayne and Gayle Wilson.......potato salad
17. Mike and Edythe kuhn....May 29th to June 2nd.......a dessert.....mmmm mysterious ;-)
18. Randy and Liz Powell
19. Roger and Judy Meyer.....May 29 to June 2nd
20. Doug and Lynne Ollis......May 30th to June 2nd......Taco salad

Last edited:

asherwin

Count us in. I will let you know the actual arrival/departure dates soon. Do we book a site through the resort or through you?

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Count us in. I will let you know the actual arrival/departure dates soon. Do we book a site through the resort or through you?[/QUOTE.

I would say call valerie. I dont this she takes a deposit and she can keep track of who is on what site.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Mike is the 56.50 cash based on Canadian dollars or US? Also I see on their website it is $52.50/site I'm assuming that Canadian too?

Dtanglin

Hay mike the first rally Theresa and I attended was fantastic. So we will be attending the on at wild wood and the national rally too. Already book Wildwood.
c7228fde8ac30ed1a9a0eb4614d2f12f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Mike is the 56.50 cash based on Canadian dollars or US? Also I see on their website it is $52.50/site I'm assuming that Canadian too?

Based on what valerie told me the $56.50 is a cheaper cash price and in canadian funds. Any price on their website would be in canadian dollars. Hope that helps.

arisce

Hello Donna and Mike,
We are planning to attend the rally this May/June but haven't booked yet. Will do so shortly.

I was wondering if you would like me to offer a card-making class one afternoon in the hall. All people would need to bring would be a pencil, ruler scissors and glue stick. I would provide the models and the materials. The cost to make 2 cards would be $3-5, just to pay for the supplies. I could also bring some cards to sell as Kim has asked me repeatedly to sell some to her. However that would not be the focus of the afternoon-having fun, being creative and making and taking home 2 hand-made cards is.

I remember what fun we had last year learning how to paint that wonderful sunset scene and thought that perhaps we could do a different sort of craft this time.

If people are interested, I would need to know how many so I could prepare the materials packages beforehand.
What do you think?

Hope all is well with you both. Our black cat Salem was diagnosed with diabetes in late June and we have been trying all summer to regulate his blood sugar levels. And after 4 months, we are still not at the desired numbers for him. It has been a challenge to try to deal with all this but Salem has been a trooper and taken it in stride, sometimes better than me.

We are heading to FL in January for 3 months. Hopefully we will have better weather than last year. I go to a card-making class every week there so will return with many ideas. Always great to learn from others.

Let me know what you think about offering the class. I also plan to bake for the rally. Any requests?(besides Baklava?)
Hope to hear from you shortly.
Karen

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Hello Donna and Mike,
We are planning to attend the rally this May/June but haven't booked yet. Will do so shortly.

I was wondering if you would like me to offer a card-making class one afternoon in the hall. All people would need to bring would be a pencil, ruler scissors and glue stick. I would provide the models and the materials. The cost to make 2 cards would be $3-5, just to pay for the supplies. I could also bring some cards to sell as Kim has asked me repeatedly to sell some to her. However that would not be the focus of the afternoon-having fun, being creative and making and taking home 2 hand-made cards is.

I remember what fun we had last year learning how to paint that wonderful sunset scene and thought that perhaps we could do a different sort of craft this time.

If people are interested, I would need to know how many so I could prepare the materials packages beforehand.
What do you think?

Hope all is well with you both. Our black cat Salem was diagnosed with diabetes in late June and we have been trying all summer to regulate his blood sugar levels. And after 4 months, we are still not at the desired numbers for him. It has been a challenge to try to deal with all this but Salem has been a trooper and taken it in stride, sometimes better than me.

We are heading to FL in January for 3 months. Hopefully we will have better weather than last year. I go to a card-making class every week there so will return with many ideas. Always great to learn from others.

Let me know what you think about offering the class. I also plan to bake for the rally. Any requests?(besides Baklava?)
Hope to hear from you shortly.
Karen

Hi karen and bill. Sorry for delay. Been a busy last few months. The card making class sounds great. Will try and get a rough head count asap so you know what to bring. We are so glad to hear your coming. Sorry to hear about salem and hope salem makes it thru. Where in florida are you going? We might be down for a week or two in jan or feb. Have a Merry Christmas and drive safe to florida. Are you taking the bighorn down?

CDN

B and B
Hi Mike and Donna

We are booked off of work for this Rally. I see a slight difference in prices between the park site and what you have posted. Not sure which is correct?

Brian and Bette

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Hi Mike and Donna

We are booked off of work for this Rally. I see a slight difference in prices between the park site and what you have posted. Not sure which is correct?

Brian and Bette

hi brian. i see difference in price. i will call to try and confirm our cost for the rally.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
We are looking at an event for the rally. Here is the link.

For the Rally, we are looking at organizing a tour called “The Rum Runners Tour” which relates to the “Prohibition” era and stories around it. (Link is https://rumrunnerstour.com/
The details are:
· Tour date June 01st, 2019
· A minimum of 30 participants are required (maximum 45)
· The tour lasts about five hours and include a lunch buffet with a whiskey/vodka tasting being one of the stops
· There are other stops with informative details about the era plus entertainment
· Cost is $75 + tax per person
· No deposit required but a two weeks’ notice is required to cancel
We want to gauge the interest in this tour and we have created a poll in this thread. The link is https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/74533-The-Rum-Runners-Tour-Ontario-Chapter-Rally .
Please note that because the location of the tour is downtown, carpooling will be required.
Please participate in the poll to help us decide whether to proceed or not. Feel free to post any comments you have.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Come on ontario members.....lets get registered for ontario rally. Want to see 20 to 25 attendees:)

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Mike, you may want to add Wayne & Gayle Wilson to the list as they told us they were going.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Mike, we are planning to attend your rally. We will arrive Thursday and depart Monday. Will you be making the reservations or are you going to let us know when we need to call?

portliz

Hi Donna and Mike. We will be attending the rally. Planning on coming in Thursday. We will book when we get home from the south. I could offer line dancing if there is interest. It does look like the weekend is busy.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
Mike, we are planning to attend your rally. We will arrive Thursday and depart Monday. Will you be making the reservations or are you going to let us know when we need to call?

hello....... i will be making the reservations. no need to call. im keeping a list of names and will call the park for the sites we need which will be in one area. glad your coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.