RESOLVED: Refrigerator won't run on propane will moving

Slopoke23

My refrigerator will not run on propane while we're traveling. It's always flashing an error code when we get to our destination.
I s this a safety thing or should I be looking for a problem?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Norcold Refrigerator won't run on propane will moving.

First thing that came to mind here was propane supply.
You can verify by lighting on a stove burner when the slide is in the closed position if your refer is in a slide.
It is possible that you can kink the rubber has line.
What model is your refrigerator and what is the error code?

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

This happened to me the first time I took my fifth wheel out. I looked up the code. From then on I turned on the stove and lit it. Once that was done, it did not happen again. I always wondered why the gas would leak out over time in storage. I eventually found the leak using a electronic propane/natural gas sniffer. Purchased on Amazon. It is a long story, but this will get the almost nothing leak that cannot be smelled or will not make a bubble.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gas+leak...FFUYT&sprefix=gas+,aps,378&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_4

You got to wave the thing around and increase it's sensitivity slowly. They can get really sensitive! After I fixed the leak, my pressure meter never dropped even over a month of time.

Slopoke23

Thanks
I’ll try that in the spring. My trailer is in winter storage now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

This happened to me the first time I took my fifth wheel out. I looked up the code. From then on I turned on the stove and lit it. Once that was done, it did not happen again. I always wondered why the gas would leak out over time in storage. I eventually found the leak using a electronic propane/natural gas sniffer. Purchased on Amazon. It is a long story, but this will get the almost nothing leak that cannot be smelled or will not make a bubble.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gas+leak...FFUYT&sprefix=gas+,aps,378&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_4

You got to wave the thing around and increase it's sensitivity slowly. They can get really sensitive! After I fixed the leak, my pressure meter never dropped even over a month of time.
I just purchased the same sniffer. It identified 3 leaks, 2 of which would not produce bubbles with the liquid soap test. I store it with the batteries removed. Excellent quality!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slopoke23

A kinked line was the problem. I installed a new line and rerouted it so it wouldn’t kink when the slide is in.

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

Thanks
I’ll try that in the spring. My trailer is in winter storage now.

It's JULY (90 degrees here today) Are you in South America (where it is now winter) instead of Canada???

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

It's JULY (90 degrees here today) Are you in South America (where it is now winter) instead of Canada???

Note the date of the post (1/20).