08' BH cabinet knobs.

wingfoot

Has anyone had a problem with the cabinet door knobs pulling off. I've got three that pull off in you hand when trying to open...If so, what's the cure.

Boy, you can tell I'm a new owner...I'm just full of questions.
Patience greatly appreciated..

Larry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Gee Larry, I don't know what you have in your rig, but in my 2008 3400 the knobs were held on to the doors with a screws. If the screws are pulling out of the knobs maybe you will have to replace the knobs or try a little larger screw.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The knobs in my rig are metal and attached with screws. If somehow, your's are plastic, then expect the screws to strip out over time. Had that problem with our S&B a couple of years after it was built. They're all stone, now, with epoxied metal screw inserts.

wingfoot

Gee Larry, I don't know what you have in your rig, but in my 2008 3400 the knobs were held on to the doors with a screws. If the screws are pulling out of the knobs maybe you will have to replace the knobs or try a little larger screw.

Peace
Dave

Sorry guys, maybe I didn't make myself clear. The knobs are attached with screws and are not pulling out. The body itself doesn't pull off...just the knob cover...and then when it does, you can see the screw head inside...Below is a picture of four of the knobs in question. The decorative caps pull off!!

knobs.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sorry guys, maybe I didn't make myself clear. The knobs are attached with screws and are not pulling out. The body itself doesn't pull off...just the knob cover...and then when it does, you can see the screw head inside...Below is a picture of four of the knobs in question. The decorative caps pull off!!

View attachment 15569

OK, they look like mine (must be standard). Until you posted it, I didn't realize they were a two-piece deal. But the "cap" is pressed onto the "stem." Haven't had a problem with them, but you should be able to replace them easily. Try calling HL parts. You might even find something similar at Lowe's or Home Depot.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Wow...we've lived in our '08 for more than 4 years...have never had one knob come apart, and they're just like yours...

I'd do as others said and go to Home Depot/Lowes and find a replacement..they're pretty standard...

Lance & Jo

Have had 3 of ours come apart and just fixed with superglue and so far....... they have all held. Course now that I say it out loud they will probably all fail again!