2010 Big Horn 3670rl lemon

sherry3

Purchased 2010 big horn 3670rl in Feb, was in shop the next month and many times thereafter. In August the caulking on the cap was cracking and come to find out either the factory did not weld the studs or they broke. The wall was flexing. Heartland agreed to take it back to the factory to repair but there is still a lot of time to camp in my area. This happened after adding a Cummings Onan generator, a second a/c in the bedroom and a washer/dryer. Yes, I traded it in this week and it was not a Heartland. :mad:

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Sorry to hear about your problems...so you traded it in? Maybe thats a sign to not overload your next unit.

Barry & Alana

Sorry to hear of your bad expierence. The Bighorns are designed to carry the W/D (mines plumbed for one) and the front is designed for a generator.

What did you replace your unit with? I hope you have happy trails in the future.

westxsrt110 - I know nothing about Sundances - but the Bighorns can handle the weight.

Bobby A

Sorry to hear of your problems with your coach, I wish you would of given Heartland a chance to do you right. My coach has had its share of problems but Heartland has come through EVERY time with little inconvenience . The factory can do amazing work, they can do things in one day that would take a dealer or service center all week to do. Hope your new rig serves you well.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
With our 2009 BH3670, we have not encountered many of the problems described on this forum. We have the W/D installed and it has not caused any problems with the coach. Other than the shower stall surround leak problem (easily fixed), some minor repairs I did myself, and the recent awning repair problem, our usage this summer has been uneventful in terms of the coach's performance.

Although I got my shorts in a knot over the awning issue, once HL got Dometic on the line, and they contacted me, it appears they are more than interested in making it right. I would indorse the idea of giving Heartland the opportunity to make it right for you.

azbound

Does this mean that you didn't get it fixed and someone else will no be stuck with the problems? I think you may have jumped the Gun, should have allowed Heartland to make it wright.

Just my opinion,

Enjoy the Road

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sorry, but IMHO there is more to this story. Last thread by Sherry3 was started in August and no mention of any problems.

sherry3

I loved my big horn and understand just like any new house/car, there are issues that need to be fixed but this was the last straw. It is going back to the factory to be fixed, rep inspected it so, no, no one will buy it in its present condition. There is nothing else to the story, dealer said never seen anything like this before.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Are you talking about the studs in the sidewall? If so, where are these "studs"? If it's where I think it is, the dealer's either lying or hasn't been around much....

geeksrus

Purchased 2010 big horn 3670rl in Feb, was in shop the next month and many times thereafter. In August the caulking on the cap was cracking and come to find out either the factory did not weld the studs or they broke. The wall was flexing. Heartland agreed to take it back to the factory to repair but there is still a lot of time to camp in my area. This happened after adding a Cummings Onan generator, a second a/c in the bedroom and a washer/dryer. Yes, I traded it in this week and it was not a Heartland. :mad:

Good luck with your new unit... hopefully you'll have a more pleasant experience.:)

Eh!

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Sorry to hear of your bad expierence. The Bighorns are designed to carry the W/D (mines plumbed for one) and the front is designed for a generator.

What did you replace your unit with? I hope you have happy trails in the future.

westxsrt110 - I know nothing about Sundances - but the Bighorns can handle the weight.

I've seem many BH owners here with frame/ suspension problems.
The main reason we bought the Sundance is its avertised as the "strongest unit" with welded studs throughout. Seeing the ad with a full size pick-up on the roof has some merit.
If i was going to upgrade it would be a Landmark with a 12" frame.

clear_pixel.gif
2010 Heartland Sundance XLT 287RL

<tbody>
</tbody>
<script src="http://www.rvsearch.com/includes/js_scripts/popUp.js"></script><script src="http://www.rvsearch.com/includes/js_scripts/loanPop.js"></script>
Year:2010
Make:Heartland
Model:Sundance XLT 287RL
Price:
Email me a better price
Payment:

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
clear_pixel.gif
<script src="http://www.rvsearch.com/includes/js_scripts/popUp.js"></script><script src="http://www.rvsearch.com/includes/js_scripts/printerfriendlypopUp.js"></script>

<tbody>
</tbody>
Vehicle ID:485940
Stock #:53773-22454
RV Type:Fifth Wheel
Length:30 ft.
Mileage:N/A
Engine:N/A

<tbody>
</tbody>
Fuel Type:None
Efficiency:N/A
Sleeps:6
Int Color:Merlot
Ext Color:N/A
AC Units:0

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
Special Features
clear_pixel.gif
check.gif
Slide Out

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
Vehicle Warranty

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
Sundance will not allow us to show our LOW WHOLESALE prices.

OPTIONS INCLUDE:

MERLOT INTERIOR
SUNDANCE LIGHTWEIGHT XLT PACKAGE
SUNDANCE XLT KITCHEN UPGRADE PACKAGE
SUNDANCE XLT 5TH WHEEL UPGRADE PACKAGE
FIBERGLASS FRONT CAP W/ 88 DEGREE TURNING RADIUS
ALUMINUM WHEELS
SPARE TIRE
ROOF LADDER
ABS HITCH COVER
32" TV
ELECTRIC AWNING
TOY LOCK
SECOND ROCKER
HIDE-A-BED SOFA
15000 BTU DUCTED A/C
RVIA SEAL

4x4.jpg

SUNDANCE XLT SUPER STRENGTH!

Plant Manger Steve Johnson was so confident in the superior design and strength of the SUNDANCE XLT roof construction that he offered to have his personal truck lifted up and set on the coach to test it! There is no “photoshop” work on this photo - the truck was set on the roof of the coach with no extra support and it passed the test with flying colors!

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited by a moderator:

Delaine and Lindy

sherry3 be happy......

I understand your feelings and have read about people being unhappy with other types of RV's. But if your unhappy fix the issue make a decision and correct the problem and it sounds like you took action. Be happy, life is to short to be unhappy. Good Luck. GBY....

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
we, too, purchased our bighorn 3580RL in Feb 09. it had several "glitches" over a three month period. We added a splendide washer/dryer combo, a onan 5500 gold genset, and several other options. Also, we were a bit upset at first because we are fulltimers (no back up home) and so and so on. Bottom line, Hayes RV in Longview ,Texas, and Heartland customer service were always right there. They even made sure we had a place to stay. I would for sure have given Heartland a BIG chance to fix the problems. Great coach, great dealer, great manufacturer. 'nuff said. God Bless ya all, Al W

lcdrdean

Does this mean that you didn't get it fixed and someone else will no be stuck with the problems? I think you may have jumped the Gun, should have allowed Heartland to make it wright.

Just my opinion,

Enjoy the Road

I agree, Sherry jumped the gun. Heartland did repair the problem and has warranted the work for a year. How do I know? My wife and I just purchased the unit from the same dealer at a good price since it was used. We bought the unit on Saturday, but couldn't pick it up until today (Thursday). In the meantime, I found this forum, and read Sherry's entry. The salesman had told us on Saturday that the previous owners had bought the unit in Feb 09 and had traded up to a Class A RV in August 09. The other item I noticed in Sherry's post was that she is in VA, as are my wife and I, and that the closest dealer to her was the same dealer we had just purchased a used 2010 BH 3670 from. My wife and I were concerned. I printed out the forum messages and expresssed our concerns to the dealer today when we picked up the trailer. The dealer said that in fact it was the same unit, and that it had gone back to the factory for repairs. The service manager said the problem was either a broken or missing weld in the frame around the couch/dining table slideout. He actually called the factory and spoke to a manager who confirmed the repairs. Bottom line: We feel comfortable that the unit was repaired and are pleased the we were able to afford a slightly used Bighorn that we love. Thank you Sherry for not believing in Heartland!

Dean and Terri (and Bailie of course)
Ruther Glen, VA
2007 Ford F250 Shortbed
2010 Bighorn 3670

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I agree, Sherry jumped the gun. Heartland did repair the problem and has warranted the work for a year. How do I know? My wife and I just purchased the unit from the same dealer at a good price since it was used. We bought the unit on Saturday, but couldn't pick it up until today (Thursday). In the meantime, I found this forum, and read Sherry's entry. The salesman had told us on Saturday that the previous owners had bought the unit in Feb 09 and had traded up to a Class A RV in August 09. The other item I noticed in Sherry's post was that she is in VA, as are my wife and I, and that the closest dealer to her was the same dealer we had just purchased a used 2010 BH 3670 from. My wife and I were concerned. I printed out the forum messages and expresssed our concerns to the dealer today when we picked up the trailer. The dealer said that in fact it was the same unit, and that it had gone back to the factory for repairs. The service manager said the problem was either a broken or missing weld in the frame around the couch/dining table slideout. He actually called the factory and spoke to a manager who confirmed the repairs. Bottom line: We feel comfortable that the unit was repaired and are pleased the we were able to afford a slightly used Bighorn that we love. Thank you Sherry for not believing in Heartland!

Dean and Terri (and Bailie of course)
Ruther Glen, VA
2007 Ford F250 Shortbed
2010 Bighorn 3670

Good to hear! I can tell you that when Heartland fixes a problem, it's done right. Probably shouldn't have happened to begin with...but they will make things right, as in this case. Enjoy your "new" Bighorn...we certainly love ours...:)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dean & Terri, Thank You for updating us on the situation with that trailer. It's good to hear Heartland made the trailer right and that it is now in the hands of a new owner. Welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum.