2nd Air Conditioner in M32

Rahrig

How difficult is it to install a second air conditioner? Should it be professionally installed or can a handyman install it? Also is this 2nd unit ducted or should it be freestanding

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There are a couple things that need to be considered.
Does your Mallard have 50 amp service?
Is it wired at the 14 x 14 opening for 120 volts?
It will not be ducted and a handyman can install it. The hardest part is getting the new AC Up on the roof.

Peace
Dave

Rahrig

Yes, it is the 50 amp. Im guessing i would to remove the roof vent frame to see if the 120 wire is tucked in there.also is it safe to assume the ductwork in the back of the camper would have to be disconnected and capped off?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, take the inside vent shroud off and take a peek. The Romex cable will probably terminate in a plastic box.
Or you could look for an extra breaker in your service panel.
You won't have to worry about blocking ducts.

Peace
Dave

Trondozer

I just got a new 2019 M32 and looking to install a second AC. My unit is wired for 50 amp and Pre-wired for a second AC.

Rahrig, which AC unit did you end up getting? Is it controlled by the wall thermostat?

jimtoo

I just got a new 2019 M32 and looking to install a second AC. My unit is wired for 50 amp and Pre-wired for a second AC.

Rahrig, which AC unit did you end up getting? Is it controlled by the wall thermostat?

Hi Rrondozer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M