331 Photo Speed Trap

Bigburd

Anyone traveling on Rt 331 through Alabama & Florida, Montgomery to Destin, look out for the new small town money maker. A SUV parked on the side of the road with "Photo Enforcement" signs just before. I was snapped in Luverne, later on return trip saw it further south in Brantley.

Gaffer

No problem if you are not speeding. That's what cruise control is for.

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
These were at 55mph to 35mph speed changes, in two small towns. Two lane streets

Very typical. Common practice for local boroughs around here and as we travel many other state's highways we see it often and "back 'er down" quickly when approaching small towns. Fines are usually an income line on their annual budget!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Install "Waze" on your Smartphone. You'll be notified of Police, accidents, traffic jams, construction, etc. Oh...and it is free!!

LBR

Install "Waze" on your Smartphone. You'll be notified of Police, accidents, traffic jams, construction, etc. Oh...and it is free!!
Agreed...Waze is the only navigation I use and have logged many miles, worked up thru the ranks with it.

IMO, you need a larger screen to use it properly....I started with using on my phone and got frustrated as the screen wasn't big enough to interact with...not to mention dangerous with eyes not on the road. I use an 8" tablet now and love it...can report and delete warnings with a quick glance rather than having to stare at a tiny phone screen to press the correct button sequence.