Alignment

spruce1.

One of the back tires on my TT was wearing on the inside. I had the tire replaced and at that time I was told I needed to have both axles aligned, which I did.

Can anyone make a comment on this or tell me how the axles got out of alignment?

Is this something which should be checked on a regular basis?

Thanks!

dave10a

Road hazzards is one cause of alignment problems. Bent axel spindle, sheared pin in leaf springs, weight distribution and etc. One should inspect all suspension components periodically as well as perform basic measurements. Trailer syspensions are not as robust as they should be. Also an good inside tire tpms is good to see how the tire are performing temerature wise. Out of alienment tires tend to heat up more. Basic measurements can be done by oneself with a tape measure and visual inspection. When they are shown to be questionable, then go to alignment shop to correct the problem.

Last edited:
B

BouseBill

Running the wheels and tires up on curbs will knock your alignment out, and it could have come from the factory that way.
It is a good idea to get the alignment checked anytime you see unusual wear on the tires if you determine the wear is not air related.

In our case the alignment was out from day one:

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/68427-Axle-alignment

wdk450

Any of us who have taken the factory tours have NOT seen an alignment pit or alignment equipment. The Bear alignment guy in Nebraska that aligned my Bighorn said that he checks the alignment on the NEW replacement axles he gets in, and most of them need alignment.