Almost a Lemon (NT 32 RLTS)

jmdcn196

I upgraded to a Heartland Travel Trailer 32 ft, way bigger than our last trailer. To date I have had the trailer in the shop 9 times in the last year. The molding keeps falling off, one of the recliners is broken (bad manufacturing), my batteries will not charge... I keep having to take it to the shop after every trip. Of course the one year warranty is up. I did buy the extended warranty, but doesn't cover these kind of repairs.

Has anyone had this type of experience.

Kind of frustrated at this point.

Jim
Heartland 32RLTS

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: Almost a Lemon

I upgraded to a Heartland Travel Trailer 32 ft, way bigger than our last trailer. To date I have had the trailer in the shop 9 times in the last year. The molding keeps falling off, one of the recliners is broken (bad manufacturing), my batteries will not charge... I keep having to take it to the shop after every trip. Of course the one year warranty is up. I did buy the extended warranty, but this doesn't cover these kind of repairs.

Jim

What type of unit do you have as you did not say?

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Almost a Lemon

Are you taking it back to the same dealer for the same issues?

jmdcn196

Same dealer for a different problem each time. This week a previously repaired trim piece fell off again, every other time it was a new issue.

Heartland 32 RLTS, triple slide with the rear lounge.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sounds to me like you need to contact HL service yourself and tell them whats happening. If the trim piece has been repaired once...sounds like your dealer is not doing there work correctly. BTW, what model/brand name is a 32 RLTS.

GOTTOYS

Sometimes you are better off fixing these small things yourself. How difficult is it to reattach a piece of trim? Owning an RV does require a few skills to keep from having to bring it to a dealer then wait forever to maybe get it repaired. It also sounds like maybe the dealer isn't the greatest as far as repairs go...Don

M

Mcreech

I upgraded to a Heartland Travel Trailer 32 ft, way bigger than our last trailer. To date I have had the trailer in the shop 9 times in the last year. The molding keeps falling off, one of the recliners is broken (bad manufacturing), my batteries will not charge... I keep having to take it to the shop after every trip. Of course the one year warranty is up. I did buy the extended warranty, but doesn't cover these kind of repairs.

Jim
Heartland 32RLTS

Jim,

I have contacted our service department for you, the are aware of your situation and should be contacting you.

Mike Creech

DougInTX

I have a 2015 32RLTS that I bought last fall

So far, no problems. My one year warranty expires next month, so I'll probably get an extended

Good luck

Cheers,
Doug

GOTTOYS

I have a 2015 32RLTS that I bought last fall

So far, no problems. My one year warranty expires next month, so I'll probably get an extended

Good luck

Cheers,
Doug
Read all the fine print before you lay out a pile of cash for an extended service contract. They don't cover much. Don't just take the salespersons' word for what is covered...Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Look at Good Sams warranties. Best bang for the buck. BTW, what dealer are you dealing with...CW?? HL will give you a name of a service center near you so you dont have to deal with your dealer again. So, give HL service a call.

DougInTX

Read all the fine print before you lay out a pile of cash for an extended service contract. They don't cover much. Don't just take the salespersons' word for what is covered...Don

I turned down the sales guy at the dealer when I bought it. I called Good Sam and it was at least half of what the dealer wanted.

I need to check out GS again though

Cheers,
Doug

DougInTX

Well FWIW (and probably not much), we've decided to not get an extended service plan

I'll just keep the money in the bank and take good care of my trailer.

Cheers,
Doug