ATF: Cyclone - First camping trip 4100 cyclone

First trip out this weekend expected to find minor issues, !. Water pump would not shut off was spitting air, figured that it had a leak on the suction side of the pump, removed an access panel found that the leak had been discovered during the inspection process and was not fixed. The crimped clamp had been replaced with a hose clamp and the leak was not repaired took me about 10 minutes to repair had a plastic bump on inside of the water manifold scraped it off and pump now works fine. The problem is where did the water go that leaked at a terrible rate as I was filling the holding tank? Will I have mold issues later and or destruction to the insulation due to Forest Rivers negligence? #2 Hot water heater will not work on electric most likely the switch was turned on without water at a show or on dealers lot..The breaker should have been turned off as I do as a habit after every trip. Should be covered by warranty. The thermostat in the living area will not operate the heater. There was a serious leak under bathroom sink the sink drain pipe is 1 1/4' the P trap is 1 1/2" the compression washer was 1 1/2" should have been a 11/2" to 11/4" reducing washer which I purchased at ace hardware for $1.49 the issue is that we had a 10x12 inch plastic tote under the sink containing shampoos soaps and a hair dryer since the tote overflowed ran under the sink cabinet to the under belly ,the hair dryer was destroyed. I am really upset especially with the half a-- repair that was done on the pump, did I make the right decision?????

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sounds to me that your dealer did not do a very good inspection/repair (most dont) before putting in on the lot for sale. When you did your PDI, was water hooked up and electric turned on? Water connections should be checked often when a coach is new because they can vibrate loose. Ones in S/B dont because they dont go bouncing down the road.

it was freezing when I picked it up so the water was not on, just seemed to be a lack of quality for a $70,000.00 + rv.

avvidclif

it was freezing when I picked it up so the water was not on, just seemed to be a lack of quality for a $70,000.00 + rv.

The dealer should have had the heater going and the water turned on using the internal tank and pump at a minimum.

Lazy dealer to me. My 2 cents.

scottyb

The dealer should have had the heater going and the water turned on using the internal tank and pump at a minimum.

Lazy dealer to me. My 2 cents.

Agreed. You would never buy a house without having the plumbing inspected. Many of us have been guilty of allowing a poor PDI to be accepted due to, lack of knowledge, time restraints, weather, etc. Mine was in 105 degree weather. Luckily they had it under cover with the AC's on, but not very condusive to checking out the heat or anything on the outside.

You will get past these items and begin to enjoy your 4100. We enjoyed ours immensely.