Awning not retracting correctly..Dometic says it is over extended

We have our 2015 3755FL Big Horn in for service, last summer we had to have the motor on the Dometic awning replaced which the parts were covered under warranty, but now the awning is rolling up crooked and the stablizer arms are not seating properly into the track. Dometic is saying it's not covered under warranty calling it over-extended. How can you over-extend a powered awning, it only goes out so far and then stops, I have noticed that quite a few people have had problems with the awnings not seating correctly and have made their own adjustments. I'm sorry but I don't want to make my own corrections, I want my awning to work the way it is supposed to work. I haven't been able to talk to Dometic since they are closed for the holiday but I plan to contact them next week. Has anyone had any luck winning this type of battle, and if anyone could give me some pointers on how to handle this.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 and explain your problem. Have your vin handy. They should be able to guide you towards a solution. Trace

dbbls59

Sounds like the material has slid either on the roller or the trailer. Unroll it and slide it in the track to realign it. Examine it closely when it is rolled up and you should be able to tell which way to slide it.

donr827

Sounds like the material has slid either on the roller or the trailer. Unroll it and slide it in the track to realign it. Examine it closely when it is rolled up and you should be able to tell which way to slide it.
X2 happened to me
Don

Rschremp

Does the sun blocker have to be removed before retracting a old timer in the park said no it will roll up just fine????????????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

Does the sun blocker have to be removed before retracting a old timer in the park said no it will roll up just fine????????????

No way, the extra material will not allow the arms to seat, unless you have the zippered type that leaves about 10" on the tube.

jimtoo

The sun blocker screen, if the normal thin, light weight, may be rolled up on the awning in case of high winds or storms. I would not try to travel with it rolled up in the awning.

Jim M