Axle Brake Options, 3585

Firerad1

After a year of comparing brands and researching we are planning on ordering our first FW. We agreed on the BH 3585RL. We are planning on continued extensive boondocking, returning to AK again as well as hitting both coasts in the sun belt during the winter. We've settled on adding most of the options listed. I also want to upgrade to 8K axles, G-614 or better tires and a Trail Air pin box to minimize damage and improve ride and braking. I don't want to purchase a new unit and then start swapping out factory parts to get the heavier duty axles, wheels, tires and suspension. My questions are:

1. Dexter with EZ flex suspension or Mor Ryde IS axle and syspension?
2. If Dexter, Center Point or Equa-Flex?
3. Drums or Disc brakes?
4. Are these options available through the initial ordering process?

I'm also planning on running 6 T-105 (or equivalent) batteries and using a good 2000 watt Inverter/Converter. Any thoughts or lessons learned would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the Mor-Ryd IS with disc brakes and never lube bearings. Axle rating is 8000 lbs. I will highly recommend this setup for everybody. Pricey but worth it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We got it after maket and tossed our original setup. BTW the original setup had bent axles from the get go.

Firerad1

You and several other discussion contributors have really helped me. We are having Mor-Ryde install the 8K IS system with disc brakes as soon as it is built. (Early January!) There are way too many threads that relate to inadequate suspension systems, brakes, dumped cabinets, opened drawers and other horrer stories. We are having it set up with G614's and a TST monitor system. Looking for years of smooth traveling. Thanks to jmgratz and all of you who have helped us with our decisions.