bedroom slide still leaking

mslater

i have a 2014 Big Horn 3585 that started leaking ( that i was aware of ) last year ....when i got to florida for the winter (rv stays in fl. ) i notices the wall at bottom corner was swelled ...thought maybe seal had turned in when i had left it , but after hard rains it would get damp on that corner ... seals are turned out and appear to be in good condition . got on a ladder during a hard rain noticed water is getting behind the seal .....the bedroom slide is like 14' long the living room slide is like 16' feet long but noticed the bedroom slide uses a smaller seal .... i than installed a topper hoping to keep the amount of water off the slide. as i sat here in the rain this morning its still leaking .... side is delaminating ....where do i go from here ?????

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since you stated that the bottom is swelling, is the plastic trim and plastic that runs along the outside caulked good? Along with the plastic corners and screws that run vertical on the sides? Is the window caulking good? I would re-caulk the top and sides of the windows.

Peace
Dave

Garypowell

On my previous unit the water was coming in behind the piece of metal that was holding the "D" seal over the top of the slide.

One caulked the intrusion stopped.