Both slide and awning do not work!

265BH

Hello- reaching out as both my slide and awning do not work (extend or retract). Currently my slide is out and my awning is out about a foot. I recently had an electrical problem with a junction box located under my kitchen bench seat. This was caused by lose (causing sparks) connections in a plastic compression box. Poor design so I installed a normal electrical box (4" square). This caused my fridge, overhead light and receptacle to not work. I wired them back up and they all work now. I will say my slide has been working off and on and I thought it was connected to the issue with the electrical box. But now no power. Normally when I pull a fuse it will show the disruption and show the red light to tell you the fuse is bad or it has been interrupted. I pull the fuse on the slide and nothing happens- no red light. .
So hopefully this provides a good picture. Any ideas where I should start looking? Thank you!

Last edited:

david-steph2018

Near the battery is a row of small automobile style breakers. Some of these are manual reset and others are auto-rest style. These can be covered with a red color boot. Check each and see if any of these are tripped.

LBR

Hopefully you're not under the impression that your AC is powered by battery, as your wording suggests?

265BH

Near the battery is a row of small automobile style breakers. Some of these are manual reset and others are auto-rest style. These can be covered with a red color boot. Check each and see if any of these are tripped.
How do you tell if they are tripped?

david-steph2018

How do you tell if they are tripped?
You need to feel for a little button under the boot. Remember some are auto reset and will not have a button.
If you need a replacement, these can be purchased at an auto parts store, NAPA, AutoZone, etc......

wdk450

An electrical multimeter is invaluable in measuring the DC/AC electricity that our human senses can't detect except through dangerous electrical shock. They can be obtained quite cheaply, and add to your knowledge of electricity and electrical circuits in learning how to use these multimeters. You Tube has easy tutorials.

265BH

I went ahead and replaced both 30A breakers near the battery. Slide is now working. Thank you all for showing me the way!

The awning is a separate issue. It is working intermittently and I will need to dig deeper into why- maybe the awning cover is out of alignment?? It will open, then stop and work really hard to continue to open. Also, when it is part way out, the middle of the awning fabric that wraps around the the big cylinder the motor is on looks creased (bunched up, not smooth) only in the center area.

rhodies1

Your awning is not centred the same distance from each end of the track. It will wind in crooked if the awning is not aligned equal side to side on the awning tube.