Cargo capacities

caissiel

At what point of your trip are you folks filling the water tank?

We travel with full fresh water tank all the time. Cannot remember when I travelled 1/2 full. We do not feel we need to have to worry about water on our route.
We did the Smokeys with an additional full black tank that was plugged full by mistake.
The water tank on our unit is on the axles and do not effect the pin load.
Use to travel with full tank with our 24ft unit towed with the 88 Ranger 1/4 ton truck in the 90's.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

scottyb

I also tow with a full tank. We never know where we will end up at the end of the day or what the water situation will be when we get to our destination. The last thing I want to do when I get somewhere is look for a place to fill my water tank. What if you were stranded somewhere for mechanical reasons for a couple days or more. The way I see it is, what is the purpose of having a 110 gal water tank if you never going to fill it up. Otherwise it could have a 40 gal tank so the water wouldn't slosh around so much. That's probably what causes more tank and tank strap failures than hauling them with full tanks.

remoandiris

Only those who dry camp would actually fill the water tank. And when they do, if possible, they fill them upon arrival in the area.

That is what I thought, but all this talk about CCC and water weight had me wondering. But it seems several other folks travel loaded from home.

HornedToad

When you tailgate/boondock filling up where you arrive is not always possible or practical.
I've had to filled up at a nasty old gas station, a rest area with my channel locks and the Walmart garden center hose.

When I'm headed to the parking lot or lake...
A full tank of fresh water, I never leave home without it!!!

Kpolve

This seem to be a big problem finding the CCC for Heartland RVs. There is no clear information that I can find. I own a Cyclone 3010, and UVW is suppose to be 11252, but it is not clear if that weight includes my options or not. Extra A/C, generator, & rear retractable beds. I know the GVWR is 14000 lbs, with a hitch weight of 2300 lbs. This is first of the 4 5th wheels that I have owned that doesn't have a GVWR higher than the axle rating. Is there a place to get this info, or are Heartland owners just suppose to assume that the UVW include all possible factory options?

danemayer

This seem to be a big problem finding the CCC for Heartland RVs. There is no clear information that I can find. I own a Cyclone 3010, and UVW is suppose to be 11252, but it is not clear if that weight includes my options or not. Extra A/C, generator, & rear retractable beds. I know the GVWR is 14000 lbs, with a hitch weight of 2300 lbs. This is first of the 4 5th wheels that I have owned that doesn't have a GVWR higher than the axle rating. Is there a place to get this info, or are Heartland owners just suppose to assume that the UVW include all possible factory options?
Hi Kpolve,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

When the trailers leave the factory, the last step is to weight them as configured, including all factory options. You should have a sticker on the inside of the entry door frame that shows the actual weight, as well as GVWR. The difference between those 2 numbers is the carrying capacity - unless the dealer or prior owner added other things.

Kpolve

Hi Kpolve,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

When the trailers leave the factory, the last step is to weight them as configured, including all factory options. You should have a sticker on the inside of the entry door frame that shows the actual weight, as well as GVWR. The difference between those 2 numbers is the carrying capacity - unless the dealer or prior owner added other things.

The problem is there is label in my trailer that states UVW or CCC. And are info on the internet lists the same UVW. So if that is a basic model weight, and I add for the options, full water tank, propane,food, clothes, dishes, etc, then there is no CCC left for an ATV.

Kpolve

I did find the label on the frame of the front door. With a CCC of a little over 2200 lbs. It look like to me that they didn't account for 2300+ lbs on the hitch. What ever be the case, I'm just going to load it and weight it at the axle and make sure it doesn't exceed the 14000 GVWR of the axles. Thanks for your help.

pegmikef

I think that label includes everything including the hitch and all factory installed options. It is supposed to be the total weight of the rig as it comes out the door at the factory. It won't include any dealer added items such as propane bottles, batteries and any dealer-installed after market items like a second air conditioner, washer/dryer, etc.