Circuit Breakers Location

Maddog10

We have these circuit breakers mounted at the front of our 2018 2850bh. Should we add weather protection or relocate? Thx in advance.
aeb9d2218466540097470772a9474e36.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

danemayer

I think the red rubber boot is the weather protection. I've not heard of any weather-related problems with the circuit breakers.

jbeletti

Like Dan, I don’t recall anyone posting about issues caused by the location of these DC mini-breakers.

That said, for peace of mind, you could consider installing them into a plastic box with a removable lid.

I may do this on my TT after I work over the DC system (adding inverter, solar, batts etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddog10

Thx kindly for the replies. I was thinking about a plastic cover/housing as I would prefer a cleaner look and added protection. Any ideas on covers/housings?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

berky

I've had the same item on both my North Trails. It looks each breaker is encapsulated, so weather shouldn't be an issue. The red boots are there to provide protection against accidental contact with the exposed terminals underneath.

For myself I don't find it particularly unattractive. They are mounted where they are, close to the battery, so there's no unfused wire running further back into the trailer.