Dometic Blizzard condensation

Okbrewer

The front A/C on my Bighorn 3870FB has condensation buildup and leaks back into the interior air intakes. had a tech look and it did not leak while he was here. Of course 30 minutes later I got water in my intakes. I have run it on high as suggested by heartland and Dometic. Still does it. I pulled the shroud and it doesn't appear froze up.

danemayer

Hi Okbrewer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We've got a great bunch of helpful people here, so I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly.

Lou_and_Bette

On hot and humid days, open windows, open doors, or a lot of going in and out will let enough of the moisture laden air in to cause condensation problems. That said, if everything is closed up tight and you are getting the condensation, then you have an air leak some where there souldn’t be. One area of suspicion would be the AC gasket...try tightening the 4 bolts, reachable from the inside of your unit, that hold the AC down and/or check to make sure gasket is not folded or torn.

Gary521

That particular AC had a problem over a year ago with this issue. The fix was to drill holes, in select locations, in the lower framing to let the water and condensation out. Perhaps you have one of these older units on your trailer. Call Customer Service and they can give you info on the fix. There was a Technical Service bulletin issued on the fix. Heartland / Dometic paid for the fix. I did it myself as I did not feel like dragging the trailer back to the dealer.