Fuse location for slideouts

Touchngo

I have a 2016 torque 321 toy hauler. The sofa slideout quit working yesterday about 2 seconds after I started to put it in. I went to check the fuse at the electrical panel, but the only slideout fuse that is located there is for the bedroom slide.

I was wondering if anyone knows where the fuse is located for the sofa slideout, and, for future reference, the kitchen slideout as well.

Thanks!

danemayer

Hi Touchngo,

Slides draw a lot of current and are powered through 12V DC mini-circuit breakers that are located near the battery. There's usually a row of breakers, connected by a copper buss bar, and covered by a red rubber boot.

We have a couple of owner-written user guides that you might find helpful. If the problematic slide is powered by a hydraulic motor, take a look at the Hydraulic Guide Starts and Stops guide. Even if it's run by an electric motor, some of the content may be helpful. Our Electrical User Guide has photos and diagrams that explain the 120V AC and 12V DC in Heartland trailers.

Touchngo

Thanks. I am familiar with the relays. I just took the red covers off and did not notice that any had reset buttons, unless the tiny circle in the center of the relay between the positive and negative posts is a reset button.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The reset button is tiny and located on the end of the breaker, not the face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Touchngo

If any of them are manual reset, I was not able to feel any reset button on any of the breakers. I can certainly double check though.

danemayer

There's usually one manual reset - the one that sits in-between the battery and the power converter. If that breaker trips, the battery doesn't get charged and may be too depleted to power the slide motor.

You have a battery power level indicator in the control panel - part of the tank level monitor. With shore power off, if you have less than 3 lights, your battery charge may be too low.

If you have auto-leveling, the leveling control panel has a mode that displays voltage. If it reads less than around 12.2V DC, your battery charge may be too low to operate the slide motor or leveling jacks.

Touchngo

I do not have an auto leveling system. I have a bank of two batteries. Power meter indicates full charge on each one and when cutoff switch is set to "both". Both of my other slides work fine. Landing gear works fine. (kitchen and bedroom closet). I disconnected power and ran a knife blade across the top and bottom of each breaker to feel for a reset button, paying close attention to the breaker that goes to to the panel. I did not encounter any bumps that would indicate a reset button on any mini breaker.

danemayer

I do not have an auto leveling system. I have a bank of two batteries. Power meter indicates full charge on each one and when cutoff switch is set to "both". Both of my other slides work fine. Landing gear works fine. (kitchen and bedroom closet). I disconnected power and ran a knife blade across the top and bottom of each breaker to feel for a reset button, paying close attention to the breaker that goes to to the panel. I did not encounter any bumps that would indicate a reset button on any mini breaker.

You have a battery cutoff switch that can isolate one battery or the other?

The power meter inside the control panel shows the output of the Power Converter if on shore power. To get a reading on the batteries, you need to turn shore power off - or at least turn off the Power Converter circuit breaker.

If you've got a good battery charge, and everything else is working, you may have a loose wire somewhere between the mini-circuit breaker for the slide and the motor - assuming it's an electric motor and not the hydraulics pump.

Touchngo

You have a battery cutoff switch that can isolate one battery or the other?

The power meter inside the control panel shows the output of the Power Converter if on shore power. To get a reading on the batteries, you need to turn shore power off - or at least turn off the Power Converter circuit breaker.

If you've got a good battery charge, and everything else is working, you may have a loose wire somewhere between the mini-circuit breaker for the slide and the motor - assuming it's an electric motor and not the hydraulics pump.

I do have a battery cutoff switch that can isolate one battery or the other or run them both together. I put that in myself since the trailer did not come with one. It is electric. Accu-slide cable system or something like that. Guess I'll have to try to trace down a loose wire.

Touchngo

Loose wire at the motor connection above the slide. Got it connected tightly and the slide works now.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you everyone for your help in tracking this down! It is greatly appreciated.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Although you've identified your problem, this photo may help you determine where the reset button we mentioned is located on a mini-breaker.

Attachments

• breakers[1].pdf
    329.5 KB · Views: 44