Gateway - electrical problems 3800 RLB

Heavyj

Hi I'm at a loss, I've owned my trailer for just over three months and I'm having problems, we are hooked to shore power the water tank is full but every time the pump turns on the whole interior lights flicker, and when I turn on the flood lights it shut the whole trailer off. please help

thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hi I'm at a loss, I've owned my trailer for just over three months and I'm having problems, we are hooked to shore power the water tank is full but every time the pump turns on the whole interior lights flicker, and when I turn on the flood lights it shut the whole trailer off. please help

thanks

That will most likely be a bad ground. Probably from batteries to the frame. Check all of your connections. You might want to remove the ground wire from the frame and clean off the paint and reconnect.

Jerrod

FYI all lights and water pump run off of 12V batteries plugged in to shore power or not.

danemayer

As a diagnostic approach, turn OFF the shore power circuit breakers and try everything. If the problem goes away, you may have a malfunctioning Power Converter (changes 120V AC to 12V DC). Normally the Power Converter would run your 12V DC devices and also keep the battery charged. But if it's malfunctioning, it may be letting the battery run down.

If the problem persists with shore power disconnected, check the battery charge level. You can do this in the control panel where you check tank levels, or on the auto-leveling control panel by cycling it to show battery voltage. If less than 12.0V the battery is not getting charged.