Heartland Bighorn Lippert frames?

mhsmith57

My question is, have any of you had any issues with the Bighorn Lippert frames? I'm also a forum member of Turbo Diesel Register for Dodge Cummins engines and there are a few people on there don't like these frames due to bad experiences. I just took ownership of my BH 3055RL last week, very nice, but back into the dealer for converter/battery issue. But other than that, it far exceeds my trade-in Excel by Peterson Industries. I pray I won't have issues with this coach. But...
Mark

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Enjoy your new rig. There is a Vegas rally in September. Look in events section. Trace

branson4020

Icantre Member
My question is, have any of you had any issues with the Bighorn Lippert frames? I'm also a forum member of Turbo Diesel Register for Dodge Cummins engines and there are a few people on there don't like these frames due to bad experiences. I just took ownership of my BH 3055RL last week, very nice, but back into the dealer for converter/battery issue. But other than that, it far exceeds my trade-in Excel by Peterson Industries. I pray I won't have issues with this coach. But...
Mark
Oh man, that is one of the most widely discussed topics on this forum. Use the search feature and see what you get.

Delaine and Lindy

There are those who have had problems with the Lippert frames. However there are literally thousands of Lippert frames on the road today with no issues. You will never read about all those who have had no problem. We have owned 6 5th wheels and all have ridden on a Lippert Frames and have never had a frame issue. I think a person has to be watchful of how you load the 5th wheels and try not to run over curbs. There is no manufactor who will garrantee their frame will be issue free. Lippert is the largest frame builder for RV's in the world in my opinion... Good Luck with your Big Horn. Happy Trails.......

Westwind

I'm a great researcher of the Recreation Vehicle Industry, I was very aware of the Lippert Frame issues before I bought my Bighorn 3070 last month. Like the previous poster I came to the conclusion that the numbers without problems out numbered the problem frames. I don't feel every manufacturer gets the same frame since they need them manufactured to their needs. Hopefully our Heartland frames are better than the average. My wife and I are in the process of moving our stuff into our new fifthwheel. Our new rule is if we didn't use it this year on our snowbird trip to Florida it doesn't get put into the Fifthwheel. I anticipate alot of empty drawers and cabinets.:)