Help with disc brake wiring!

vista268

I'm convinced I need disc brakes and have roamed the forum far and wide looking for info. All of the install work looks pretty straight forward except for the wiring from the king pin box to the controller pump which I would like to install in the hyd pump cabinet like cookie did. How do you route the wires from the TV and the breakaway switch? After the wires leave the j-box they go into a no mans land. I'm working on a on a 2011 BH 3185RL.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If you order the kit from Performance Trailer Brakes, they include a wiring schematic plus a phone number to call with questions. Did mine in April. Wiring in the pump was easy peasy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since your rig is a 2011 3185 I can help.
You'll be using existing wire so that makes the job much easier.
I'll send you a PM.

Peace
Davd

vista268

My problem is figuring out a way to route the blue wire and breakaway wire from the junction box to the hyd pump. I had the bedroom torn apart today and can't find where the existing electric brake wires go after they leave the junction box under the king pin box.

vista268

I only wish! The front basement is the first place I looked and it is totally sealed off above the door where the video showed the fish tape coming out.

Well I lied Roadjunkie! I just went out flashlight in hand and pushed a fish tape thru. Thx for the help. I will also be in touch with Cookie tomorrow and see what he did. The rest will be a piece of cake