How can I confirm what year my Heartland BigHorn 3575El is? conflicting information

MCMOLTON

We just signed the papers on a new Bighorn 3575EL on Saturday! So excited! It was listed for sale as a 2016 but that year isn't in the NADA website for a 3575. Sales guy told us it the chassis was probably built in 2016 but the trailer was completed with 2017 design. Then we looked at the VIN information label on the side of the trailer and it says manufactured October 2015. The NADA shows 3575EL in 2017 but no additional options are available. We feel we got a very good deal. Bought as used but it was never taken out and used. So do we have a 2015 chassis with a 2017 Bighorn 3575 design? Trying to find out what all it should have and could have.

The previous owner bought it, took it home to his wife. She didn't like it because it didn't have a large pantry and no central vac. While he had it he did back into his carport and caused damage to the back end. This has been repaired, just left a few scratches near the ladder. So he lost $20k (at least that's what we were told) - he bought for $xxk - brought it back and consigned it, we got it for $xxk.
We haven't done the final PDI yet - that will be in 5 days....5 LONG DAYS!

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi MCMOLTON,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I think you can forget a lot of what the dealer has told you. The label on the frame showing the manufacturing date of October 2015 (2015?) is what counts. I've never heard of that label being anything other than the date the coach was built.

Model years turn over in the spring and there are sometimes mid year changes made in the fall. So if your coach was manufactured in October 2015, it would be a 2016 Model year and could have some mid-year changes. But it's still a 2016. If you typed 2015 but meant 2016, yes, you have a 2017.

2017 models would have a build date starting around March of 2016.

The bill of sale document should reflect the model year so that your tax assessor can title it properly.

Make sure you do a very thorough PDI. Warranties do not transfer on RVs. You can purchase a 3rd party extended warranty (really a service agreement), but Heartland and the appliance manufacturers don't provide any coverage for 2nd owners.

You can also call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can confirm both the date of manufacture and the model year.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If the trailer manufacture date is October 2015, it's likely a 2016 model. Our 2016 Big Country was manufactured Oct 23, 2015. It's considered a "late 2016". They started making this layout in March of 2015.

To compare, 2018s are being built now. There will be some changes and late 2018s will come out in Sept/Oct of 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDN

B and B
Hello
The build date will be on the white sticker left front corner. The frame may be older than the actual build date.

jimtoo

The 10th letter of the VIN will give the year model for tittle purpose for manufacture. Although for RV trailers they do start quite early with the new model like Dan and Travel Tiger have posted above.

A=2010, B=2011, C=2012, D=2013, E=2014, F=2015, G=2016, H=2017, J=2018, K=2019

Jim M

MCMOLTON

Thanks everyone! According to the 10th letter (G) in the VIN it is a 2016. Now my question is...Why doesn't NADA have 3575EL model on it website? Is there another site that will give me the value?

Agree with everyone on what the dealer said. I bought a new trail runner sle last year. When we were signing with the dealer I told him I really liked the weight of the super light edition. The finance guy said" oh that's what that means" lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk