It never ends . . .

azbigfoot

In a year and a half of the pin falling out, I guess it was only a matter of time before it fell in..........

John - your trailer came with a bag of books and one of them is most likely the toilet manual, with a breakdown of parts. Call the manufacturer. I have had good luck dealing with Dometic directly in the past.

What is this flush valve that is frequently installed reversed?

Is it the tank rinse?
The vacuum break valve?

First I've heard the factory has a habit of installing them incorrectly, guess i need to check mine.

I think the flush valve is actually a backflow preventer. I have one behind the shower access panel in the bedroom. Could see how if it was installed backwards then you couldn't clean out the black tank. Its a cheap black plastic backflow device with a pretty low PSI rating. I run a regulator when I flush my black tank.

rjr6150

Don't get me wrong . . .

We love our 2013 Heartland Travel Trailer . . .

We bought it 1 1/2 years ago, and it never ceases to amaze us that each time we take it out, we find some stupid little thing that shouldn't be going wrong with it . . . going wrong!

I've complained here before ever since I bought it in September of 2011 that EVERY single time someone uses the toilet . . . one of the pins that holds the toilet seat falls out!

OK . . . no big deal . . . every time someone uses the toilet . . . I need to check the seat to make sure that the pin is still there (really? . . . is this a regular problem with Heartland trailers from the factory?)?????????????????????????????

Fast forward to today . . . apparently that pin has finally fallen into the toilet and is now gone forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** Heartland . . . REALLY . . . do you let stupid stuff like this pass through quality control each and every day?????

Really?????

If you do . . . wake up!

I can't believe that I'm dealing with such a stupid little problem on an RV I purchased brand spankin' new . . .

John this is a known problem read about this on another forum. Give the manufacture a call they have a different pin to ship out.
Mine does the same as yours only not to the extent yours is.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I found a pin in my toolbox that was roughly the same length but a little bit fatter . . . put that in and it seems to hold much better than the original pin.

I have a Thetford toilet and it seems the only replacement seats I can find are the same old plastic seats that came with it.

We'll see how this fix works as we will be going on a six day trip to Estes Park in two weeks with five adults and three cats . . .

I'll let you know how it works out!