Landing gear fuse

I had the misfortune to fully retract my landing gear at the first camp site at our first outing with our 3250. The fuse blew immediately and I didnt have an extra so it was lots of hand cranking. Needless to say I bought a fuse at my first opportunity. Is this normal with a 3250? I would have expected some kind of a stop switch to protect the system.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The alternative to a circuit breaker install is to mark a line on one of the landing legs with a Sharpie about 1/2 inch from the stop point. I did that when we had our Sundance. Saved a lot of fuse replacement. All electric front landing legs have this issue.

Stinger381

I had the misfortune to fully retract my landing gear at the first camp site at our first outing with our 3250. The fuse blew immediately and I didnt have an extra so it was lots of hand cranking. Needless to say I bought a fuse at my first opportunity. Is this normal with a 3250? I would have expected some kind of a stop switch to protect the system.
Yes that is the norm .... I don't know what kind of Circuit breaker to install but if you retract the legs to the end it will pop the fuse. I do the sharpie thing too ....As bad as it sounds I blew the fuse the first time out and didn't have a fuse so I did the tin foil thing ( I don't recommend this ) just to get it home and off the truck. Now I have a whole pacakge of fuses in the compartment near the battery.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, get a circuit breaker with the same amperage as the fuse. Take the fuse with you so you get the right size and amperage. You didn't say what size fuse it is...get at least a 50amp circuit breaker or maybe more. There were a few posts that the circuit (wiring) for the landing gear is rated to 80amps.

mesteve

I dont know if the system is different between the BC and Sundance, but ours uses a 30A fuse.

archbarb

On our BC 3250TS it is a 30a mini fuse. It happened to us on our way home from picking up our unit. Thankfully, I had read about this on this forum and knew what had happened. I now have spare fuses just in case!!!!!

Archie

GOTTOYS

I've gone through a bunch of them. The fuse is inline toward the rear of the battery cabinet on a pink wire. Finally I've gotten smart enough (but just barely) to watch the stops on the legs and shut it off before they touch. The 30 amp circuit breaker is waiting for me in my toolbox but I thought I should use up all those extra 30 amp mini fuses first before I install it. No sense in having all those extra fuses laying around going to waste....Don

rebootsemi

Our 2011 Sundance has a circuit breaker and a fuse in the power line to the landing gear switch, problem is the circuit breaker has a way higher trip amp's than the fuse. When we bought this unit I read all of the manuals that came with it, doesn't say a word anywhere about a fuse being in the landing gear circuit. Of course I blew the fuse in the middle of the night and had great time figuring out what the deal was. Have since put lines on the gear leg and have plenty of fuses for all of the circuits in this trailer.