Landing gear on 2010 - 3950 Cyclone will not operate

My landing gear on our 2010 Cyclone 3950 just quit working. I have had no problems with it before this. It's like it has no power going to it. It raised the RV up to the correct height of the truck 5th wheel. I back under the unit but stopped working after I coupled to the unit. I had to use the manual handle to release pressure off the legs. I know I need new batteries. Does anyone think that's the problem? Where are the fuses located for the landing front landing gear? Any suggestions on what to do?

danemayer

Hi tehrth1994,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I moved your thread from the Prospective Owners section into the Frame/Landing Gear section.

This forum is full of useful information and there's a great bunch of people who are willing to share what they've learned. I'm sure some of them will jump in with just the info you need.

jimtoo

Hi tehrth1994,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Do the lights in the trailer work and also does anything work when pluged into the truck. It should provide 12v to the trailer if wired correctly. Have you looked for and reset the circuit breaker in the 12 volt wiring where it comes off the battery or checked the wiring for an inline fuse? You may need to feel the sides of the little circuit breakers that have the red covers over them to find the little button to reset the breaker.

I'm sure some others will jump in soon with more suggestions.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
You should have an auto resetting circuit breaker but you "may" also have an inline fuse.
Open the front compartment. Poking your head in look up along the bedroom floor. Find the harness that runs across left to right and look for an inline fuse holder.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
I found the inline fuse (30 amp) and replaced it. It works fine now! Thanks so much!!!!!!!!

Was where I suggested? Wondering if they changed the location.

You might want to figure on a larger fuse if it keeps popping. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but for awhile the recommend procedure with the 50 circuit breakers was to replace the 50 with an 80 amp version.

Do you know why the fuse popped?

Any chance you raised the landing gear all the way and hit the internal stops?
That is a bad procedure. Raising he gear all the way up to the stops and holding the switch too long can shred the internals of the leg.

What many of us have done is raise the legs all the way to the stop, carefully, then drop them about an inch. Then mark the legs with a red "limit line"

Your batteries, if in a poor state can cause problems as well.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I would install a circuit breaker instead of a fuse. Mark the legs as suggested. Low batteries with cause an overload (high amperage draw) and blow a fuse.