Leak from black tank flush - anti-siphon valve location? Bighorn Traveler 32rs

bjasso

Hello all, Just purchased our 2022 Bighorn Traveler 32rs last month and have been learning the hard way what RV life is about! Went to flush the black tank today when we noticed a leak in our pass-thru storage - the leak appears to be coming from above where the sink/shower water line run up thru the floor. Leak only occurs when black tank flush is in use. Research says it's likely the vacuum breaker/valve check/anti-siphon thing - but we haven't been able to find the location - hoping someone could draw us a map haha.

sengli

On the fifth wheels heartland they like to put the useless cheap plastic ASV just behind the shower, between the outside wall. If you have the round access port in the shower, you should see the lines and the valve there. I removed mine and put a manual ball valve in the basement area to turn on the flow thru that flush line. I know its not code, but it works for me, and it will never fail or leak. Every new fifth wheel I have had, has had that ASV valve malfunction and flood the basement area.
Just so you know the power converter is mounted on the floor behind the wall, in most cases it will get wet when that asv malfunctions! I have since mounted my converter on 2x4 stilts.

Attachments

• IMAG0133.jpg
    IMAG0133.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 18

wdk450

I installed a simple Sharkbite (brand) 1/2 inch PEX check valve in place of the anti siphon valve. You can get these at most all home improvement stores. They slip right on to a cut end of the tubing, are so leak proof these fittings are certified for use inside house walls.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I installed a simple Sharkbite (brand) 1/2 inch PEX check valve in place of the anti siphon valve. You can get these at most all home improvement stores. They slip right on to a cut end of the tubing, are so leak proof these fittings are certified for use inside house walls.

Same thing I did when mine failed. Fortunately, I had relocated both the converter and my hardwired surge suppressor beforehand. They both would have drowned if they were in their original locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk