Looking at a 2015 Landmark Newport. Does anyone know if this is a good unit?

jb007

We also have a Newport that we full-time in only have had it for about month. Will have to agree with some of the bad from the previous post, but wouldn't have anything else, have been looking at this Coach for awhile at the the RV shows. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Hi. Thank you for your post. It was very informative and helps a lot. We just purchased our 2015 Landmark Newport and have not taken possession yet. The only major add on we had done was the washer/dryer. I am curious, if you had the RV mattress Select Comfort or just the regular Select Comfort mattress? I plan to order one over the labor day weekend (a big sale). Thank you, again for posting the info. Hoping to hear from you soon.
Judy and Marty Lentz

jb007

The RV select comfort mattress is a short Queen, The landmark Newport is a full Queen or King, which ever one you have, we had the select comfort short Queen in another trailer and liked it very much, We just have a regular full Queen mattress in our Landmark.

The RV select comfort mattress is a short Queen, The landmark Newport is a full Queen or King, which ever one you have, we had the select comfort short Queen in another trailer and liked it very much, We just have a regular full Queen mattress in our Landmark.

That is not quite accurate :)

A full size regular King mattress is 76x80. A queen is 60x80.

The mattress that comes in the Newport (King) is 72x80. This is what you generally see as an RV King.

The Select Comfort RV King is also 72x80 and is a direct replacement in size for the existing mattress. A queen would be another foot smaller in width.

Just so there is no confusion, here is the bed I am talking about: http://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/Specialty-BedsMattresses/p/RV-Deluxe

TheWolfes

After tons of research we bought a 2016 Landmark Newport but they are exactly like the 2015 except for the year. It's in transit and should arrive at the dealer tomorrow. They are built for full timers. The slides have support under them.. most don't. The insulation in them is crazy good. We got the bath and a half instead of the pantry so guests would feel comfortable using the facilities. I can post more of what we experience with it if you'd like. We are beyond excited!!!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
GREAT!!! Welcome to the "Newport Family" Hope you enjoy yours as well as we enjoy ours. I know you'll love it!! Make sure you do a complete PDI with your dealer. Don't let him tell you he hasn't got the time to go through the camper completely with you. Heartland makes a great product and stands behind their work, but it is built by humans and they DO make mistakes. Look it over good. Keep us posted on how it's going. And ENJOY

Thanks for your info. It helped a lot. We will order the select number rv king. Looks like camper world offers a good deal. Safe travels to you.
That is not quite accurate :)

A full size regular King mattress is 76x80. A queen is 60x80.

The mattress that comes in the Newport (King) is 72x80. This is what you generally see as an RV King.

The Select Comfort RV King is also 72x80 and is a direct replacement in size for the existing mattress. A queen would be another foot smaller in width.

Just so there is no confusion, here is the bed I am talking about: http://www.sleepnumber.com/sn/en/Specialty-BedsMattresses/p/RV-Deluxe

I would suggest not ordering the mattress from Camping World. We tried that and they were not going to deliver for months but still charged our credit card. The only way I found out that it was going to take months to ship was I called and they told me then. I asked for a refund and 2 months later they were still giving me the run around so I filed a dispute with my credit card company. 3 months later and they finally did the chargeback. We ended up ordering directly from Sleep Number. If you do decide to order directly from Sleep Number, call them. They may have discounts.

Slympicins

Go directly to Sleep Number. I wouldn't give Campers World any money unless it's something small and necessary. A once great place has turned horrible.

Happy Camper

Thank you for the heads up on camper world. We will go direct.
I would suggest not ordering the mattress from Camping World. We tried that and they were not going to deliver for months but still charged our credit card. The only way I found out that it was going to take months to ship was I called and they told me then. I asked for a refund and 2 months later they were still giving me the run around so I filed a dispute with my credit card company. 3 months later and they finally did the chargeback. We ended up ordering directly from Sleep Number. If you do decide to order directly from Sleep Number, call them. They may have discounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your help. I am curious did you end up with a 3500 dually? Was hoping not to get a dually but everything I find in stats are pointing that way. Rams, Fords and Chevrolet.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Any of the BIG 3 DRW will do the job. I like my GMC 3500HD and I did not have to pay extra to get the Allison trans.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Any of the BIG 3 DRW will do the job. I like my GMC 3500HD and I did not have to pay extra to get the Allison trans.

Any newer of the big 3. Not just any dually will do. Check out www.fifthwheelst.com for great safe towing information. Do not believe what a truck salesman or an RV salesman says, they just wanna sell. They will tell you "oh yeah, that'll haul anything!" It's your responsibility to make sure you are safe on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWolfes

Thank you for the heads up on camper world. We will go direct.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for your help. I am curious did you end up with a 3500 dually? Was hoping not to get a dually but everything I find in stats are pointing that way. Rams, Fords and Chevrolet.

We ended up with a Western Hauler.... Wahoo

jimcat

on the 2015 Newport how can I distinguish the type of rubber roof it has?It's made of either Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) or Thermal Polyolefin (TPO). EPDM roofs may need to be resealed every 3-4 years, regardless of upkeep attention. Any ideas on how to find out for sure?