Looking for breaker info

Big-B

Greetings fellow RV'ers. I'm having a problem with the breaker that runs our slides. It seems to be getting worse, and I'd like to replace it. Last summer when I'd put the slides in and out the breaker would stop the slides after the large slide went about a foot. Now with it being cold out, it only moves about 4" at a time.

So I have two questions. What size breaker SHOULD it be and does anyone know where I can buy this type of breaker so that it can be put back together like the factory did it? I found breakers at an RV store but they have the tabs turned 90 degrees to the originals.

PS. The breaker that is third from the top has another breaker in line as I couldn't find the proper breaker to fit.

Attachments

• RV breaker picture.jpg
    RV breaker picture.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22

6.7LMegaCab

They do wear out! Just look up RV circuit breaker 12-24V on Amazon or other sites and make sure you get the right amperage rating for the circuit it's going on. Automatic reset is what you will find more common. The battery should probably have a manual reset breaker - they look the same but have a button to reset the breaker.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Greetings fellow RV'ers. I'm having a problem with the breaker that runs our slides. It seems to be getting worse, and I'd like to replace it. Last summer when I'd put the slides in and out the breaker would stop the slides after the large slide went about a foot. Now with it being cold out, it only moves about 4" at a time.

So I have two questions. What size breaker SHOULD it be and does anyone know where I can buy this type of breaker so that it can be put back together like the factory did it? I found breakers at an RV store but they have the tabs turned 90 degrees to the originals.

PS. The breaker that is third from the top has another breaker in line as I couldn't find the proper breaker to fit.
The breaker for the slide is should probably be an auto-reset type. There are 2 types on this buss bar. One is auto-reset the other is manual-reset.
Both of these can be purchased at an auto part store. Our is a 50-amp auto-reset for our electric slide. Check with NAPA. Take the old one with you.

Big-B

The breaker for the slide is should probably be an auto-reset type. There are 2 types on this buss bar. One is auto-reset the other is manual-reset.
Both of these can be purchased at an auto part store. Our is a 50-amp auto-reset for our electric slide. Check with NAPA. Take the old one with you.
I'll check with an auto parts store. The RV stores that I've checked with don't have this style with the metal can.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

An identical replacement will fix the problem for a while. Doing it right, will fix it forever. I would install the 80amp Auto reset breaker and run new cable from the batteries. It will make everything run smoothly for many more years. Just my 2 cents :/

I get most of my breakers from Amazon. However had to go to Del City for the Auto Reset.

LBR

I'd like to find a drop in replacement that would fit my bus bar.
Our 2017 CY did the same a few months after ownership, and I also was preparing to jump into the 80A project. Warm days were fine, cold mornings were frustrating.

I shut down the 12V system, pulled the hydraulic pump breaker, and found it was only a 30A.

Bought a NAPA 50A breaker, broke off both wrong mounting tabs, and installed. BTW, you don't have to mount the breaker to the wall. When you tighten the positive buss nut down, it secures the breaker just fine.

It has not hiccuped once for 7 years since. My advice is to try a new 50A breaker before going to the 80A project.

Big-B

Our 2017 CY did the same a few months after ownership, and I also was preparing to jump into the 80A project. Warm days were fine, cold mornings were frustrating.

I shut down the 12V system, pulled the hydraulic pump breaker, and found it was only a 30A.

Bought a NAPA 50A breaker, broke off both wrong mounting tabs, and installed. BTW, you don't have to mount the breaker to the wall. When you tighten the positive buss nut down, it secures the breaker just fine.

It has not hiccuped once for 7 years since. My advice is to try a new 50A breaker before going to the 80A project.
I've been in an area where our internet is severely limited for a while now, so sorry about the delay in responding.

After I got looking at the new 30 amp breaker with the wrong tabs I noticed that the breaker itself was the same size and planned to cut the tabs off and let the bus bar hold things in place as you mentioned. When I went to the local RV repair place in New Mexico, they had the breaker that fits in 50 amps so I brought it home and installed it. The old breaker was only a 30 amp so I think this will take care of the problem for quite a while as the 30 amp lasted over 10 years.

Thanks again everyone for the replies.

NYSUPstater

Although it's been a cple yrs+ now since I switched to the 80 amp breaker, I forgot where I bought it but:
-- co worker made up a 2' 4-6ga wire to go from battery to breaker
-- mounted the breaker to back wall like the main busbar w/ breakers
-- attached the hyd wire for the pump to other end of 80 amp breaker and that was it

Can't show you any pics cuz the BC is in storage till April