Need help locating slide out motor on 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 27FQBS

scrand

Can anyone tell me where the electrical motor is for the slide out of a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 27FQBS....presently the slide out is 4/5ths open and will not open all the way or close so I will have to manually turn it. Do I have to remove the corrugated plastic under the trailer in order to get to it? The battery is fully charged - hoping it is a faulty switch that can be easily replaced. If that's not the problem does anyone have any other suggestions? I can't locate a fuse for it (possibly inline) - is there one that you know of - nothing in the fuse panel indicates there is one there for the slide out.

danemayer

Hi scrand,

On most rigs, the slideout motor is powered through a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker near the battery. Most of the power to the motor comes from the battery, even if you're on shore power. There's usually a row of small breakers, joined by a copper buss bar, and covered by red rubber boots.

One breaker has a manual reset button - a teeny-tiny button on one end. If tripped, the battery will not be getting a charge.

How did you determine your battery is fully charged?

scrand

How did you determine your battery is fully charged?

Gas gauge in the bathroom said so......plus we ran booster cables from the jeep to the battery hoping for results but more of the same. Have a guy going to the trailer today (1hr and 45 minutes away) who knows what he's doing - again....it's the switch.

**** - I looked for that circuit breaker but could not locate it. Will need to super familiarize myself with this new-to-us trailer.

Bob T

danemayer

Gas gauge in the bathroom said so......plus we ran booster cables from the jeep to the battery hoping for results but more of the same. Have a guy going to the trailer today (1hr and 45 minutes away) who knows what he's doing - again....it's the switch.

**** - I looked for that circuit breaker but could not locate it. Will need to super familiarize myself with this new-to-us trailer.

Bob T

Bob,

The test gauge that shows battery level will show you the output of the Power Converter and battery if you're plugged into shore power. The battery can be dead and you'll get 4 lights from the Power Converter.

But the jumper cable test would suggest the problem might be in the switch or wiring.