New Owners

JsReaddy

Hi we are Jim and Sherry Readdy we just bought a 2017 Mallard. We love to travel and look forward to many trips and new freiends.

danemayer

Hi Jim and Sherry,

Congratulations on the new Mallard and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We also have an Owners Club which you can read about here. Take a look at the EVENTS tab at top of page to see what local/regional rallies are planned near you. Come to a rally and you'll be hooked!

WillyBill

@Jim and Sherry Readd,

Welcome aboard!! Good to have you here. Any questions, ask and you will receive from somebody here.

WB

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your new rig and welcome to the forum and family. Lots of great people and information here. Don't be a stranger to the site. Again, congrats, enjoy and hope to meet you down the road.

terribruce

retired Oregon Chapter Leaders
Congratulations Jim and Sherry!! Welcome too to the forum, and to our Heartland Family. :rolleyes: Safe travels.

Terri

kdstuart

Hi Everyone ,

We just purchased a new 2017 3750FL 5th wheel end of may .. we had been looking at this RV for a few years ..Loved the bedroom in the back and the overall layout .

we were both so excited... finally got our retirement rig ..nothing but problems ..electrical , TV failed in front room , fireplace wouldn't work , dirty carpeting and many little items .. I found my self fixing as the dealer we bought it from was unable to complete with the exception of replacement of the TV and fireplace... I was amazed at the amount of trouble .

we made our first trip with it last week after working out some of the bugs, Boy did we get ourselves in a world of problems ..first time to the camp ground toilet leaked big time and kitchen sink wouldn't work. When we got back home I was cleaning it up when I noticed tears in the roof ...amazing as we were in open areas the entire time from when we took delivery .

Pretty upset with this.. have been researching proper roof repair ..

Thanks ,

KD

danemayer

Hi Everyone ,

We just purchased a new 2017 3750FL 5th wheel end of may .. we had been looking at this RV for a few years ..Loved the bedroom in the back and the overall layout .

we were both so excited... finally got our retirement rig ..nothing but problems ..electrical , TV failed in front room , fireplace wouldn't work , dirty carpeting and many little items .. I found my self fixing as the dealer we bought it from was unable to complete with the exception of replacement of the TV and fireplace... I was amazed at the amount of trouble .

we made our first trip with it last week after working out some of the bugs, Boy did we get ourselves in a world of problems ..first time to the camp ground toilet leaked big time and kitchen sink wouldn't work. When we got back home I was cleaning it up when I noticed tears in the roof ...amazing as we were in open areas the entire time from when we took delivery .

Pretty upset with this.. have been researching proper roof repair ..

Thanks ,

KD

Hi KD,

Sorry to hear you're having all this trouble.

I'm wondering if your 2017 was one that your dealer took to RV shows. Things like dirty carpeting suggest high traffic prior to your purchase. And often, dealers will "borrow" a working part or appliance from one coach to get another unit fixed quickly. You can probably find the date of manufacture on a large white label, on the frame at the front on the doorside of the unit. Time between manufacture and purchase might provide some clues.

If you're having trouble getting the dealer to fix warranty items, you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can often help a dealer decide to do a better job.

On the roof repair, take a close look in your neighborhood for low branches. Most towns, with budgets being tight, are neglecting the tree canopy of 14'. You might need to call an elected official if that's the case where you are.

Small tears of a couple of inches can be repaired with Eternabond tape. Larger tears may merit a roof replacement using your insurance to pay the bulk of the bill.