Newbie to forum looking for owner input.

brianlajoie

K. Then to be crystal clear, I asked HL cust svc reps several times if I could take my coach to an independent repair facility I had used on my previous coach. I was told "NO". Before the "NO", the HL cust svc rep gave me a few other options, such as pay out-of-pocket for a mobile repair tech and then apply to HL for reimbursement, or pay out-of-pocket for a mobile repair tech to diagnose the problem then wait on HL to decide of they'd authorize repairs.

Perhaps the way you asked the question got the response you did. What you are saying above is totally correct. HL will not just let you get your rig fixed under warranty without pre-authorization - by anyone. This is not as much poor customer service as it is their policy for all to follow. Even when you took your rig to a dealer, they had to contact HL for pre-authorization.

I had a few problems and took my rig to an independent mobile repair tech. We all knew (the repair tech and I) that the tech needed to contact HL, describe the problem and fix, and then recieve the authorization to fix the problem. There were a couple of extra small problems that I authorized the tech to work on and then asked HL to consider reimbursing me. They did after reminding me of their policy to get pre-authorization. I am very satisified with the the work done and the consideration HL showed me.

The policy is there for a reason - to protect HL and you from having work done incorrectly or not needed at all. I think this is the nature of the RV world. I hope your rig is fixed to your satisfaction soon.

Mrsfish

We had to take our rig in today for some repeat warranty work. The service advisor we had previously marked our warranty work as completed when in fact it wasn't even touched ( she's no longer with the dealer) Our fault for not checking her, but we believed done to be done. The good news? Not only is La Mesa- Tucson (Xavier) stepping up to covering all items that are now well out of warranty but so is heartland. Xavier got on the phone with heartland today while we were there, told them the situation and heartland totally agreed to send replacement parts and pay for shipping. La Mesa is covering labor costs (as they should, but it's nice that there's no fight) and bottom line is we are whole. Thank you Heartland, and La Mesa has earned and kept our business. We discovered the problem after we had moved our rig to the mountains for the summer, but we called La Mesa (Xavier) immediately to tell him what we discovered. Because of that he was able to open a repair ticket right then even though we would not be able to deliver the rig back to them until now. COMMUNICATION is the name of this game.

remoandiris

Perhaps the way you asked the question got the response you did. What you are saying above is totally correct. HL will not just let you get your rig fixed under warranty without pre-authorization - by anyone. This is not as much poor customer service as it is their policy for all to follow. Even when you took your rig to a dealer, they had to contact HL for pre-authorization.

I described the problems I was having and asked if I could take the coach to an independent shop 15 min from my house. HL asked where the nearest HL dealer was. I told them 30 min. They said take it there. So I did. Twice. Neither time were the issues corrected. Both times I retrieved the coach after the service dept said things were fixed. They weren't. So I contacted HL again and again asked if I could use the independent shop 15 min from my house. Again with the nearest dealer and I told them I was not going to take it a 3rd time to the same dealer who failed to fix it on two previous occasions.

I took it back to the selling dealer 3 hrs from my house. After sitting on their lot for over 2 months I was told it was fixed. Once again, the problems were not corrected except for the water pump being set to the proper setting.

When I returned from a 4 month trip, I once again called HL and asked about the independent 15 min from my house. Once again with nearest HL dealer. This time I took it to a different HL dealer an hr from my house. It has been sitting at that dealer's for about a month.

Thru all of this, I call and email HL when problems arise and to ensure HL has the problems correctly documented. There are 13 issues with the coach. 4 of which were supposedly corrected by one or both of the previous HL dealers. Several of the problems deal with slides.

I have no idea what else I could have done. All I know is the coach sat at different dealers more than I used it and neither the dealer's service dept nor HL seemed to care about getting a customer back on the road.

remoandiris

COMMUNICATION is the name of this game.

Yep, and I, as well as others on the forum, communicate with both dealers and HL. When you don't get answers from either, what do you do? Keep calling every day? Call twice a day? You tell me. Maybe I'll get lucky and La Mesa in Port St Lucie will get it done correctly since Camping World in Cocoa and Lazy Days in Tampa failed to.

Should I be more upset with the dealers or HL? Probably the dealers, but they are HL dealers. And HL wouldn't allow me to use the independent shop I asked to use.

BTW, while on my 4 month trip I spoke with 3 RV couples who purchased and had warranty repairs done at Lazy Days. All 3 told me to grease the palms of the technicians and things get done faster. So spreading around $500 would have gotten things done, supposedly. Nice.

Mizmary

As far as quality - weve been living in our Cyclone for 18 months - with two kids and nothing crazy has broken... The only issues we have had have been user error and things have held up pretty well, except the furniture. But you will have a better brand (they switched the year after mine, I think?). :D Enjoy it!

FiremanBill

As far as quality - weve been living in our Cyclone for 18 months - with two kids and nothing crazy has broken... The only issues we have had have been user error and things have held up pretty well, except the furniture. But you will have a better brand (they switched the year after mine, I think?). :D Enjoy it!

Same here, while not full timers we use ours a lot and have only had minimal issues since buying other than tires. Hearing what others are dealing with I feel so blessed and fortunate that we got on of the "good" ones. When we first got it I was having issues with the generator. If I was not mechanically inclined I may have a horror story to tell with warranty work too, maybe not, but I took the carb apart and cleaned the gummed up fuel out of the bowl myself and the problem was solved.

I don't doubt for a second others have issues though, and I truly feel for your pain.:(

Dloebrich

We have had our 4000 since October of 2013. The rear ramp door started to separate on our first outing. Replaced under warranty no problem. Waste valves were labeled wrong. Figured that out on our own. Other than that it has been smooth sailing. I have called Heartland for tech support and got quick answers. This forum is priceless !

Cjackg

Just adding my comments to a perspective Toyhauler buyer....

We ordered our 2015 Cyclone 3110 in April and took delivery in mid May. We had researched TH models and features for several months before deciding on the Cyclone 3110.
We did not buy from a local dealer and instead ordered through an online dealer in KY, configured just as we wanted it (Big DaddyRVs.com). We did this based on experience over the years with numerous RV dealers and decided to go for the upfront savings instead of expecting any help from the dealer. Our 3110 was delivered exactly as we ordered and we have never returned to the dealer since.

Yes, we have had numerous small issues but none that I could not repair with a little D-I-Y effort. This forum has been a huge benefit in resolving issues and the few times we have contacted HL they were able to resolve questions or issues. I have dealt with other RV mfgs and think that HL is as good as any of them.

As far as features and build quality of the 3110, I feel is is equal to any TH on the market in similar size and price range, and better than many.

I will be glad to answer specific questions about our Cyclone if you want to send me a PM.

Attachments

• 3110-1stDay.jpg
    3110-1stDay.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 57

DDovell

I see your towing with the 2015 LTZ 2500. Does everything tow well? I am about to get the exact same set up and am concerned about the total load on the truck being over 10,000#.

David in Vegas