North Trail 28 BHS Right brake and blinker lighting inop

Johnp322

Hope someone can help. I am looking for the electrical diagram for my North Trail 2008 28 BHS. My right side brake and blinker light is not functioning. I did check the bulb and socket and they test ok. The left side is ok and both tail lights and rear running lights are ok. Its just the the right brake and blinker. Since this is a safety issue my trailer is grounded until I can resolve this issue. Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks

John P

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
John, did you check at your TV plug? It should be marked on the cover which one is for the right brake/turn signal.
If it is working there pull the light off the trailer and check the connection. Also check the connection where the umbilical cord connects at the trailer.
When you do find the problem come back and let us know what you found.

Peace
Dave

Johnp322

I will dig a little deeper, thanks for the info. What i would like to know is I did take both tail lights off and found what I thought should be one wire coming from the TV wiring harness to control each sides rear brake and blinker is in fact a wire nut with two wires so the voltage controlling the lamp is going somewhere else within the trailer. A wiring diagam would be very helpful if anybody got one.

John

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
John, there is a dedicated wire to each side for the brake/turn signal. If one wire splits off to each side then thats the tail lamps. The stop/turn signals will be a different color wire on each side (yellow and green). The brown wire is tail lites. You don't say what type of TV you have. On a GM truck the trailer fuses are seperate from the truck fuses. Not sure about Fords and Dodges. Check the fuses in the underhood fuse panel and dash fuses. They are marked as to what they do. You need a 12V test lite to find the problem. If its a fuse then you have a shorted wire in the trailer harness. You could have a problem in the truck harness but only for the trailer. I'm not sure how you checked the lamp itself, but did you check to see if you have power to the lamp for the stop/turn signal on the right side??? Most of the time the wire harness in the trailer runs down the right side(DS). Best I can tell you without more information.