off door side turn signal

Bobby A

When we were doing our light test before leaving this week we discover the outside turn signal on the off door side would not blink, if I would tap it, it would begin to work. Must be some kind of short but I have never pulled the light apart. Does it just pop out from the rubber boot that it in ?? Or can you call give me some insight on what to do ??

Thanks in advance, have safe travels this Holiday weekend and always.
Bobby A

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have had all of mine out. I suppose that there are different ways of doing it but I just kinda pull one edge of the rubber grommet and then just push the light in. Then turn it and push the grommet off the light and pull the light out. To install, I put the grommet in the hole and push the light into it.
Sounds like you may have a plug on the back side starting to come off.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bobby, Yes, they just pop out. Use a dull screwdriver blade or some object to get under the lip of the rubber boot. A little spray of 303 or soapy water will make it slide easier.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You can find the replacement lights at most auto parts or truck stops if needed.

Bobby A

Thanks guys, I will tackle the project tomorrow, I will post back if I need any more assistants. You guys are the best !! any chance of knowing what # bulb I need ??

Last edited:

rebootsemi

Sometimes if you get moisture inside the lens cover the bulb socket will corrode so the bulb will not make contact or only when it wants to, that why sometimes if you hit it the thing will come back on. Clean out the socket and the bulb.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks guys, I will tackle the project tomorrow, I will post back if I need any more assistants. You guys are the best !! any chance of knowing what # bulb I need ??
Bobby, It's a sealed unit. My OEM on the Bighorn is a "Glo-brite #9551 It is 4-1/4" diameter overall.

Bobby A

Well, I got it out and determined all functions work except the turn signal. I even swapped it with another light/lens and it worked except for the turn signal function. Well, I hope I can find an auto parts store open on 4th of July Monday. Ray, mine is also the Glo Brite part# 9551. I will post back later.

Bobby

Bobby A

You can find the replacement lights at most auto parts or truck stops if needed.

Well Jim, I called Advance, Auto Zone, Oreillys and they don't have a replacement. They say a cross reference does not come up. The only one I would think that may carry it is Napa and they must be closed today, my luck !!

Bobby

Bobby A

UPDATE !!

Went to a local auto parts hear in town (very helpful) its a auto value store and they had an exact match, made by a company called Grote, and the part # is 53012, it even came with the rubber boot and a plug, the plug I didn't use but I did use the boot which seemed to be better than the original, for under 10 bucks. I bought a spare also. Case closed !! thank you all for your great help.

Bobby A

sgtbigb

I found the same lite Auto Zone for 8.99 + Tax> I was temped to buy the one with dioles for $16.99 but by cheapness won out:=)