One brake light inop

mesteve

The left brake light does not work when hitting the brakes. I switched left/right bulbs and the left brake ligkt still no-go. The turn signals on both sides work fine. I took it into the dealer and they said all lights work fine. I don't see how one light can work and one not if they are fed from the same line in the truck, yet work from hooked to another vehicle...

Does the blue, #2 pin feed both the brakes and the brake lights?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
steve, no, the blue is for brake power only. It's odd that both turn signals work but not one brake light as they are on the same circuit in the trailer.

archbarb

I used to have a 2008 F-150 SuperCrew when we had our NT 26RKS TT. The same thing happened once when I hooked the trailer to the truck. If I recall the lights on the truck functioned properly, but the right rear brakelights on the TT didn't, but the blinker did. After talking to some guys at the local hardware store here, someone said that on the passenger side of the truck, under the dash was another fuse panel that probably had a blown fuse. I found the fuse panel in question and also a blown fuse. Once I replaced the fuse everything was fine.

Archie

jnbhobe

On most fords these days all lights are fused seperately. Look at your owners manual for fuse locations it will tell you what each fuse is used for.Look for left trailer stop light

hoefler

Check the trailer plug on the truck to see if it is getting power on the appropriate contact. If not, it is a truck problem. Most new trucks have a computer for everything, including the lights. If you have power at the trailer plug, check the ground on the tail light.

mesteve

Thanks fellas, I'm going to pick up the trailer this morning and will check for a blown fuse.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks fellas, I'm going to pick up the trailer this morning and will check for a blown fuse.
Steve, check the fuses in the truck!!! There should/might be separate fuses for the trailer connection. There are no fuses in the trailer for the trailers tail or clearance lights.

mesteve

Everything worked when I picked it up. So, either they fixed it and didn't want to claim credit, or its an intermittent problem. I guess I will just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Interestingly enough, it also went in for the furnace not firing which now magically works. But we all know businesses don't do things out of the kindness of their hearts, so I am leaning towards intermittent.