One Leg Of My 120V 50amp system is dead. Found solution.

SEDEMENT

2018 Big Horn 3010RE. No generator installed. Inverter has been upgraded to the "Go Power IC 2000" 2000 watt 100 amp inverter. It is showing no problem code. The power at the shore plug-in is working properly. Surge protector is showing no error code. None of the breakers are tripped. The GFI is not tripped. The rear of the trailer's 120 v is working fine, even the AC unit. The Main Breaker is showing no power on the black wire. White wire to the main breaker working fine. Does anyone know any place between the plug and the main breaker that might stop the power flow? The items affected by the lack of power are the bedroom AC unit, the washer and dryer, bedroom and outside 120v outlets, bathroom outlet and the microwave. Everything else is working fine. Think I covered all the information but if more is needed just let me know. Thank You
Sean

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
How did you determine that you have power in all of those areas? Did you use a multimeter?
Did you cycle the breakers off then on again? A visual is not a good way to determine if a breaker is tripped.
I'm also a little confused by a white wire going to a breaker. Normally you would have a black or red wire. Slight chance of using a white wire if it is wrapped with black tape. This would normally be a switched wire.
Although you don't have a generator some units are prepped and have a transfer switch. Do you have a transfer switch?

Peace
Dave

Bogie

The Go Power IC 2000 has a transfer swich built in. If you have a volt meter, you should check the input and output of the transfer switch even though there is no problem code to be sure the transfer switch is working properly.

david-steph2018

2018 Big Horn 3010RE. No generator installed. Inverter has been upgraded to the "Go Power IC 2000" 2000 watt 100 amp inverter. It is showing no problem code. The power at the shore plug-in is working properly. Surge protector is showing no error code. None of the breakers are tripped. The GFI is not tripped. The rear of the trailer's 120 v is working fine, even the AC unit. The Main Breaker is showing no power on the black wire. White wire to the main breaker working fine. Does anyone know any place between the plug and the main breaker that might stop the power flow? The items affected by the lack of power are the bedroom AC unit, the washer and dryer, bedroom and outside 120v outlets, bathroom outlet and the microwave. Everything else is working fine. Think I covered all the information but if more is needed just let me know. Thank You
Sean
If you have a power cord reel, you could have issues there.
Sometimes the slip rings get burnt or the wires get burnt/break off.
In the breaker panel, are all of the power losses on one side of the box, or on both sides?

SEDEMENT

Thanks for all the inputs. Turns out the power cord connection at the reel had worked loose. One of the hot connections had loosened just enough to stop power flow. Appreciate all the replies. Shows me I found the right place to be with my new adventure.