Popping in front hydraulic jacks

jtg1116

Hello All!

New to Heartland and the Forum.....but not to RV'ing.

Wife and I took possession of a '19 Landmark Newport a few weeks ago. Recently, at night, we have been noticing a popping sound which seems to be coming from the front two jacks. Sometimes, it even "feels" like a very slight dip in the coach is occurring as well. Anyone else experienced this phenomenon, and any suggestions??

Thanks,

Jim

jimtoo

Hi jtg1116,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

There have been some with the popping sound coming from the leveling jacks during temperature changes. There is a cure for this by removing some of the hyd. fluid and replacing it with a different brand. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

bigdob24

I had that issue on my last BC.
I used the motorcycle fork oil because it was available locally and not to expensive.
It help a little, ended up adding a second qt and that helped more but did not remove the popping 100%
I think if it happens again on my new RV I’ll try one of the other oils.
Let us know how it turns out
BT

bwdt

WOW!

Mine does this every morning and every evening.......It feels like someone hit the camper. I get about ten pops in the morning and ten in the evening........One person told me it was the roof, it feels more like the jacks.......So my guess is the fluid in the hydraulic system is temperature sensitive.

mlpeloquin

Cat fluid additive. Stops the popping quickly. Three different additives have been recommended, but CAT is the one that works. Follow Oregan_Camper advice. You will not go wrong. Stopped out popping quickly.