Replacement Air Conditioner

maclaff

We have a 2015 Heartland Big Country 3650 RL. The rear ducted AC went out early summer and we replaced it with a RecPro (Houghton) unit. good reviews. Very quiet. Install was a snap. Well designed unit. Problem was, it could not cool well enough. RecPro first replaced the plenum and remote, then the entire unit, then the motherboard on the outside unit. Now the thing cools way too much and won't stop cooling unless I turn it off. RecPro has given up and offered to refund. It appears they have a significant quality control/service problem. Any input on a better replacement? I've looked at Furrion, Coleman (Airxcel) Mach15 and Dometic Atwood Aircommand.

wdk450

This is a first. I've not heard of an RV air conditioner that cools too much!
The normal spec on RV/automotive air conditioner performance is 15-20 degrees Fahrenheit cooling between room air inlet and cool air outlet nearest the air conditioner.

An infrared thermometer is a handy thing to have. I use the $24 pistol grip one here that I think I bought for about $20 on sale at one time. With the laser pointing beam you just point it (even across the room) and read the indicated number on the display. HFT has non-contact infrared thermometers for as low as $8 right now. I also use mine to check tire temperatures, engine temperatures, hot circuit breakers, even for cooking.

maclaff

Found out that the replacement motherboard had 2 wires switched. No directions with it, but I did that. Switched it back and now it is back to the original problem of being unable to cool below a certain temp, even if I set the thermostat to 60. Houghton themselves is weighing in on this now since Recpro is really only a pass through.

centerline

Found out that the replacement motherboard had 2 wires switched. No directions with it, but I did that. Switched it back and now it is back to the original problem of being unable to cool below a certain temp, even if I set the thermostat to 60. Houghton themselves is weighing in on this now since Recpro is really only a pass through.
it sounds as if you need a thermostat wired to the motherboard to reverse those wires when you want it to get colder........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool: