Replacement thermostat

I've now grown to hate the haunted electronic thermostat in my FUEL 250.

I want one with a separate heat/cool and fan (auto/lo/high) switch and then
a temp adjustment. Ideally non battery powered. I know I can look at
regular thermostats but am looking for recommendations from folks.

Anyone have one they've tried and like?

I'm tired of pressing 5 times for a 1 degree change or having it
stick and go all the way up or down.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

Assuming your thermostat is Dometic, contact them about the racing on the temp up/down. My understanding is there is a fix for it. Possibly some foam inserts that prevent it from doing that.

In terms of replacing a digital (not just display but digital data) thermostat with something else - for air conditioning (cooling), I don't think you'll be able to change it as you'd need to change the board up top with something else as well.

As for breaking the furnace control off of the current system - that IS possible (link).

It already does have the little foam things inside the buttons. Sometimes I need to press many times
to get it to do something, sometimes on press and it seems to stick.

I was hoping it was a simple thermostat and not an electronic head to a control unit (as it seems like
it is now) so I could use any thermostat.

I also don't like needing to cycle through everything to change the fan speed or turn it off but I guess
that's the way it works.

I'll have to work with it. :)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you do have the Dometic then maybe placing a call will get you a replacement.
Call them explain the problem and ask for a replacement.
It might be worth it.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

It already does have the little foam things inside the buttons. Sometimes I need to press many times
to get it to do something, sometimes on press and it seems to stick.

I was hoping it was a simple thermostat and not an electronic head to a control unit (as it seems like
it is now) so I could use any thermostat.

I also don't like needing to cycle through everything to change the fan speed or turn it off but I guess
that's the way it works.

I'll have to work with it. :)

You might wish to replace it with the Bluetooth version. It looks the same but has a BT radio in it. Then you can change it from your chair using the Dometic Thermostat app. I have 2 of them. I think you can get them via Dometic parts resellers.

Ordered a replacement (Thermostat only) - Unfortunately after I saw the bluetooth comment. :)

Installed it and it works much better than the old one. Much more positive pushes.