RV Insurace

SmokeyBare

I selected a company called RV America Insurance. I'm not sure if they are different than the company Jim and Harley mentioned. I had State Farm for both my truck and Fifthwheel. I still have State Farm for the Truck, but have gone to a Full TIme Policy and coverage for the Fifthwheel.

They offer a Full Replacment coverage for the first 5 model years (on a New Fifthwheel) The after that, the coverage converts to the Purchase price you paid for the RV. Lots of other coverage as well... Personal Liability coverage... Hail Damage... Awning Replacment.... And More...

Below is the Link:

http://www.rv-insurance-coverage.com/

Marv

5erWonk

I have AAA and unfortunatly I have recently had a major claim when my Montana was totalled. The unit was only four months old and they paid the current value which was the same price I paid for the unit. The other driver was at fault in the accident but only had $5K in property damage on his policy.

I can't say enough about the people at AAA, the settlement was complete on the trailer 15 days after the accident, this is service after the sale!! Unforunatly I do not know what my premiums are, but I do know they were very competitive in the industry.

billd

I use AAA (Auto club of So Calif) on my Bighorn 3670. The premium for the year is $333.00. This is current as of Nov 2006 - Nov 2007. It was easy to add to my existing policy I have with them.

Bill

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I have AAA in Michigan and had a $4,000 claim last March in Florida (fixed in Indiana). They were good to work with. They were the most competitive of all the companies I checked with. Hope my claim doesn't do much with my 2007 premiums.

I recently added AAA Plus RV to my membership for about $27 more/year. Losts more coverage - if you have AAA, please check into Plus RV.

J

Jim_1899

Being an insurance agent and representing GMAC for auto insurance I was not able to sell the RV insurance until an annoucement they since GM sold the GMAC. Now they are selling through independent agents, I will have to see if The Good Sams Club will find another Insurance Company are if they will continue to sell the insurance too.

I sell RV insurance through, Progressive, The Hartford, American Modern, Foremost, and GMAC. Each quote a different company comes out the best it just depends on how they slot you, based on your credit, age, zip code, ect. One time one company will be way lower but on the next quote they are much higher. It keeps us busy inputting to get the best deal for people on their auto, home and rv insurance coverage.

jimtoo

Jim 1899, could you tell me what a persons credit report or rating has to do with insurance rates? :confused:
Jim

ct0218

Jim, when did GM sell the GMAC insurance? just renewed mine in the last few weeks and I didn't see any changes. Are they getting out of the insurance business?

J

Jim_1899

Here is a link about the GM selling GMAC in November 2006. GMAC did finance, mortgage and insurance. A sale can make things better. One thing for sure is that changes will occur and with Citi Group being one of the new owners they have a lot of experience, they had owned Travelers Insurance Company. GMAC will continue to sell insurance, and they have expanded just recently to sell through agents and not just through KOA and Sams Club.

http://www.gmacfs.com/us/en/about/media/media_fact.html

J

Jim_1899

Jimtoo,

The insurance companies have shown a correlation between credit and losses. I sometimes enter the quote with the husbands name, date of birth and ss# and do the quote. Then re enter a new quote using the wife's information and with all the coverage the same I can get a better rate for one or the other.

Sometimes the rate comes out too low with someone that everything fits the companies magic profile, we call it the black box that no one knows. Other times the rate is so high I dread calling them back with the quote. The next time its different, things have changed alot.

I agree with you though it hails on rv's, homes and auto's regardless of the credit. Here is a link to an explanation that Progressive Direct and the other the explanation by Allstate about credit.

http://www.progressivedirect.com/insider/credit.asp http://www.allstate.com/About/PageRender.asp?page=credit.htm

Jim

Last edited:

jimtoo

Jim 1899, Thanks for the links, very informative. I knew that the score was used, but I never inquired as to why or how much it influenced the rate. Always before when I have ask agent about it, I got the reply, "Don't worry about it, yours is in the best bracket." So, I never went any further. I guess I was happy with the rate, cause I paid it.

Thanks again Jim,
I'm Jimtoo
Jim