Slide problems

I have a 2012 Greystone 29mk
the door side slide pops loudly when extended and retracted.
sounds as if the gears are jumping teeth on the slide rails.
when I assist by pushing on the slide as it extends and support the slide from contacting the floor when retracting everything is fine . This takes two people (big pain)
any ideas for a cure?Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Greystonebilly,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You might take a look at the gear pack under the slide as it's extended. Be careful of the moving parts. It may be that the gears are misaligned or perhaps a tooth is missing.

Hi Greystonebilly,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

You might take a look at the gear pack under the slide as it's extended. Be careful of the moving parts. It may be that the gears are misaligned or perhaps a tooth is missing.
Did that , it appears some teeth on the back rail are worn(rounded over more than others)
i was wondering if there are rollers under the slide that should take some of the strain off the system.
the problem slide motor has always seemed to strain harder than the others?

CDN

B and B
Hello,

I had the same system on SOB. They state not to lube the tracks. I did and it worked much better. Only caveat is the grease must be cleaned off along with dirt, I did this prior to storage for the winter. In the case of my SOB with level floor slides there where no rollers. On the fridge and stove above floor slide they had rollers that I used silicone on to they rolled better, this is between the roller and the shaft.

Hello,

I had the same system on SOB. They state not to lube the tracks. I did and it worked much better. Only caveat is the grease must be cleaned off along with dirt, I did this prior to storage for the winter. In the case of my SOB with level floor slides there where no rollers. On the fridge and stove above floor slide they had rollers that I used silicone on to they rolled better, this is between the roller and the shaft.
I am trying to understand the lippert slide mechanism, is the cylinder doing the pushing hydraulic or mechanically driven?

danemayer

I am trying to understand the lippert slide mechanism, is the cylinder doing the pushing hydraulic or mechanically driven?

On slides I've seen, if there's a cylinder, it's hydraulic. If chain or cables are visible, it's electric. Another way to tell is to position someone next to the hydraulic pump when the slide is operated. You'll hear the pump operate.

davebennington

If you have a gear pack and the teeth are stripped or rounded, Lippert has a fix, and they do not tell everyone about it. Basically you have to squish the tube down and weld a 1/4 to 3/8 in steel plate in place on the top side of the ram arm. This will force the ram that has the teeth on the bottom down on the gear pack. Things run soother after this fix, be sure the keep everything well lubed.
They took care of ours about 18 months ago it now works better than when we picked it up from the dealer. You might call Lippert support they may be able to help you more.

dave