Slide topper broke

Jajjaaj

In west Texas, and noticed the slide topper was torn. With the crazy winds here, I was worried it would tear the rest of the way before I received my new awning. Welp, today, the winds are crazy, and my worry became reality. Of course the spring unsprung. I looked through this site and googled and could not find how to wind up the spring to the correct tension. I have an A&E with the anti-billow on it. Crossing my fingers and toes and saying a little prayer that there is an easy fix and I do not have to tear it apart.

Jajjaaj

Thank you! Says 13 turns. Would that be for both sides? Do I turn opposite directions for the left and the right side? Is that for a newer topper? It doesn't look like my assembly and I didn't see the anti-billow that mine has, but I'll look in that tab.

Dahillbilly

Thank you! Says 13 turns. Would that be for both sides? Do I turn opposite directions for the left and the right side? Is that for a newer topper? It doesn't look like my assembly and I didn't see the anti-billow that mine has, but I'll look in that tab.
RH = counterclockwise
LH = clockwise
might snug mine up a bit now that I know this