I have a 2017 Elkridge Xtreme Light E326. I've had it for a few years now and my family and I full-timed in it while we built our house. While living in the RV I began to notice a soft spot developing in the hallway from the living area back to the bunkhouse. We have never had a water leak or any water issues in the camper. I took painstaking precautions to be certain of this,...which drove that family nuts but...
With that said, I can't find anything on how to repair this other than drilling holes in the floor in a 6x6 inch grid pattern to inject epoxy into. Any real help or suggestions is much appreciated. Thank you.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That soft spot may not be due to water. It could be an area of the floor that was modified from the bottom to accommodate plumbing or heat runs.
Try to access from below and you may be able to reinforce that area from there.

Peace
Dave

That soft spot may not be due to water. It could be an area of the floor that was modified from the bottom to accommodate plumbing or heat runs.
Try to access from below and you may be able to reinforce that area from there.

Peace
Dave
Thanks. Unfortunately, the soft spot is directly over the rear black tank, so it seems like I'll have to remove the underbelly and the black tank just to get eyes on it. To your knowledge, does this sound correct?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I am not familiar with your floor plan but instead of dropping the black tank consider an inspection snake cam or after dropping the underbelly or cutting a hole in it try to reach up in there with your cell phone and take a picture.
When I had a soft spot I cut a three sided flap in the underbelly coroplast big enough for me to get my body through and was able to shore up that weak spot. I didn't have a tank to contend with.
Keep us updated on your repair. Don't be afraid to ask questions here on the forum. Lots of people with lots of good ideas.

Peace
Dave