SOLVED: Slide Out won't retract

jbird1234

I have a 2015 Cyclone HD model Cy 3110. I have spent the entire day trying to get my living room slide outs to retract to no avail. I have been in below-freezing weather for the last 2 days and I'm wondering if anyone has information that would help insofar as the effect of extremely cold weather on the Hydraulics for the slide outs. I'm stuck in the middle of Kentucky and I'm not going anywhere till I get those slide outs closed up. I have two deep cycle batteries and a generator and all the electrics appear to be in good working condition no blown circuit breakers either in the electrical Nook or in the cabin. The only thing I can think could possibly be causing the problem is the cold weather. Please someone respond and let me know what your experiences have been. Thank you.

danemayer

Re: Slide Out won't retract.

Hi jbird1234,

I've operated my hydraulics in sub-zero weather. Cold weather will affect viscosity of the hydraulic fluid, but won't cause the pump to not work.

So to help you figure out what's going on, we need a few more pieces of information.

1. Are any other hydraulic slides or landing gear working?
  2. Do you have a separate switch for the failing slide? Or does 1 switch control several slides?
  3. When you press the switch, do you hear any noise from the pump? If so, is it normal?
  4. If you press the TEST button on your control panel, do you get 4 lights for battery level?

jbird1234

Thanks Dan,

I talked with Dustin at Heartland tech support today. Together we figured out which solenoids ran the retraction for those two slide outs and I opened that and made sure the other solenoids were closed and then put the quarter inch Allen bit into the back of the pump and retracted the slides so I'm back on the road again. It was a very good experience as it turns out I really had no idea what the manual meant by manually bypassing but now I do.

jbird1234

Hi jbird1234,

I've operated my hydraulics in sub-zero weather. Cold weather will affect viscosity of the hydraulic fluid, but won't cause the pump to not work.

So to help you figure out what's going on, we need a few more pieces of information.

1. Are any other hydraulic slides or landing gear working?
  2. Do you have a separate switch for the failing slide? Or does 1 switch control several slides?
  3. When you press the switch, do you hear any noise from the pump? If so, is it normal?
  4. If you press the TEST button on your control panel, do you get 4 lights for battery level?
As it turns out, two wires were pulled from a splice when the 2nd battery was installed. My mechanic here in Phoenix spotted them and only $117 later it's all good. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk