Thermostat adaption

Roller4tan

Has anyone changed out their 3 wire Dometic digital thermostat to a programmable one? I know the relays are all in the rear ac control. There is a 6 or 7 wire cable running from the current thermostat to the ac. Setting up the furnace part should be fairly straight forward by disconnecting the wires running to the furnace from the ac and using existing cable wires to control the furnace using the standard wire color code. How would the ac have to be wired? The thermostat would be AA battery powered so the existing 12v+ & - wires probably won't be used. Any ideas?

Last edited:

rvology

Did you change your thermostat? If so how is it working and what did you replace it with?

Thanks Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

I think there is a 6 week course to learn how to operation the Dometic digital thermostat! Even then the failure rate is around 80% of those taking the course. Chris

Roller4tan

No, haven't found a replacement. Heat comes on till it's too hot and doesn't come on till it's freezing. Exaggeration, but close.

Sakte

I am very particular about using the best thermostat for air conditioning. Therefore, I preferred reading MyThermostatReviews and learn about the best thermostat that matches my requirements totally.