Towing weight 2011 tundra 4.6ltr v8

ramjleo

I now tow a 24 ft rbs with a dry weight of 4595lbs.We carry 2 adults and 1 small person --dog--.The tundra 4.6 v8 pulls very good.We would like to get a bigger tt.The tundra is rated at 7900lbs.Would a 30 ft tt with a dry weight of 6374 lbs be too much? If that is too much, what dry weight should i be looking at on a new tt ? Thanks any advice would be helpfull.

PeternLiane

I would have to agree. Something that has a GVWR less than 7900lbs. If you get a King slide with the 8900lb rating, you may never reach a ton and a half of stuff to put in the TT. You could put in a 1500lbs pretty quick

CactusTwo

People, dogs, firewood, FULL tank of fuel and a heavier trailer ???? All this can and will happen on any trip, try to borrow one (test drive) and go down or up a hill and if you don't need to change your shorts you may be OK. Peter is right everything adds up QUICKLY

APT

I recommend taking your current setup to a scale to find out how much actual capacity you have left. I suspect you are already very close to your truck's GCWR and maybe GVWR.