trailer 7 pin electrical box on toungue of trailer

Does anyone know anything about the electrical box on the toungue of the trailer . I wired in a new 4 foot wire and plug on the trailer side ,but now it wont show on my truck ,when I plug it into the 7 pin on the truck it says no trailer available.

jimtoo

Hi halifax.novascotia,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You might tell us what unit you have and why your adding the wiring. It would help folks decide on how to reply.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Jim_G

Must have the brake wire in wrong location.
Pin#1 should be either red or black 12 volt
Pin #2 green right turn
Pin #3 blue electric brake
Pin #4 white ground
Pin #5 yellow left turn
Pin #6 brown running lights
Pin #7 aux 12 volt
hopefully color code is in 4 square box from factory.

Power247

Must have the brake wire in wrong location.
Pin#1 should be either red or black 12 volt
Pin #2 green right turn
Pin #3 blue electric brake
Pin #4 white ground
Pin #5 yellow left turn
Pin #6 brown running lights
Pin #7 aux 12 volt
hopefully color code is in 4 square box from factory.
Thanks for posting this! I need to replace my cord at some point before our next trip out.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

hoefler

Comfirm you did not get a cord that is mis wired rom the get go, I have had one where the brakes and power where swapped in the plug. Also, did you disconnect the battery and have shore power disconnected?? You could of easily tripped a breaker.

Gary521

The pin numbers and colors will not be much help if the wire colors on the chord you are using is different. If that is the case, you will need a multi meter or ohm meter to verify what wire goes where. I think he is asking about wire colors for the junction box back to the trailer??

crussian

This is what I found on the internet. Not sure if it's different for brands of vehicles but thought I would post.

C & J

Wiring for 7 Blade Plug.jpg