Wheel cutout does not match the wheels.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Two things come to mind.
It looks like the entire weight of the camper is not on the wheels. This allows the axles to swing free and not be in a normal travel position.
Have you looked at the axles, springs and shackles for any damage?
I would suggest that once you are hitched up and travel fifty feet or so, revisit the axle position.

Peace
Dave

14tomcat

Two things come to mind.
It looks like the entire weight of the camper is not on the wheels. This allows the axles to swing free and not be in a normal travel position.
Have you looked at the axles, springs and shackles for any damage?
I would suggest that once you are hitched up and travel fifty feet or so, revisit the axle position.

Peace
Dave
Yes, as you see, the camper is "on the jacks", but the other side does not show this condition. When the jacks are up, it's even worse. The rear tire is about 1/4" from rubbing on the sheet metal. The unit does not "dogwalk" when being towed, and the springs and axles are the same distance as the other side.

rhodies1

If you enlarge the picture it looks like the Dexter Torflex hanger is broken on the rear side facing the rear of the trailer. As well if you focus on the wheel nuts on both wheels. The back rim looks like it slanting towards the rear and the front axle is slanting towards the front. They look cross eyed.

wdk450

I would wonder if the "Correct Track" sticker has any bearing on the problems. Correct Track moves the axles a slight amount forward or back. It was such a clunky system that Lippert abandoned the product and any parts or support for it.
E-Trailer has some 3rd party parts for the Correct Tracks.

I would also contact Dexter Axle, maker of your equalizers, to see if they have a lifetime warranty on the equalizers.

Dwayne61

Just a small observation, but did someone replace the skirt with a wrong one? I see a brown piece on the coach and a titanium coloured one on the slide. 1687605086344.png

Routemaster

Could you not undo all the screws at the floor line moulding to see how they fixed the skirt take out the screws and at the left-hand "T" rails and cut off the amount of alloy you would need to put the fender "H" inline with the center hanger. It could require the right new fender? go and do some fancy work on the right. By your picture, I am thinking the right end of the fender should tuck in at the "T" rail.
Good luck.
Den.

LBR

If you're not the original owner, I'd venture a guess that side may have been slightly damaged....Collision/T-boned/Rear axle hanger welds previously broken.

Wheel hubs do look 'crosseyed', but could be the photo. Be skeptical of the wrong colored fender compared to the different color at rear....indicated not the factory supplied fender.

Pay close attention to the front, and especially the rear, shackles where attached to the frame....L&R sides exactly the same? Any rewelding done indicating replacement shackles? See any frame damage/non-factory welds? etc.

14tomcat

Just a small observation, but did someone replace the skirt with a wrong one? I see a brown piece on the coach and a titanium coloured one on the slide. View attachment 68450
Yes, I did replace the fender skirts, on both sides, due to one breaking off. Heartland only carries black or white, no brown. I have not replaced the small piece. I used the existing mounting holes for the new ones.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Do you recall what it looked like before you changed out the fenders?
Pic of before?

Peace
Dave

14tomcat

Do you recall what it looked like before you changed out the fenders?
Pic of before?

Peace
Dave
Looked the same as this. When I called Heartland to order new fender skirts, they asked if it was a 1 piece or 2 piece skirt. I'm thinking, it should have a 1 piece and the fender was cut out for a 2 piece. The distance to move the large fender skirt back, is about the width of the smaller skirt piece.