Honda Pioneer 1000-5 in a 2016 Cyclone 4200

zzonner

Wonder if anyone has been successful in getting a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 in the back of a 4200 Cyclone? I am thinking I am going to have to move the toilet in the bathroom and rebuild the wall to accommodate. Also, concerned about the sink height if I pull it in frontwards. Any help would be appreciated before I start tearing things up. It weights about 1700 pounds and I think the ramp and floor are rated for 3000. Should be ok? Thanks.

danemayer

Hi zzonner,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I'm sure you'll get some feedback from Cyclone owners shortly.

Nbomar

I'm not sure on your floor plan, but I carry my 1000-5 all the time in my 2014 Road Warrior 415. I have a 12' garage and it fits easily. Would be very tight in a 10' garage I imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zzonner

I do have a 12' garage, but the extra shower and toilet in the back cuts into the clear space. Pretty well concluded I am going to have to turn the toilet 180 degrees and reconstruct the wall starting about the sink and angling toward the door frame. Shouldn't be too bad except accessing the toilet plumbing from underneath. Anybody moved a toilet before? Not worried about replumbing it, just getting access to it. I saw someone build an 18" extension to the back and move out the ramp, but I think this will be easier and cheaper. Only need a few inches.

918rider

I do have a 12' garage, but the extra shower and toilet in the back cuts into the clear space. Pretty well concluded I am going to have to turn the toilet 180 degrees and reconstruct the wall starting about the sink and angling toward the door frame. Shouldn't be too bad except accessing the toilet plumbing from underneath. Anybody moved a toilet before? Not worried about replumbing it, just getting access to it. I saw someone build an 18" extension to the back and move out the ramp, but I think this will be easier and cheaper. Only need a few inches.
Were you ever able to get it to fit? I've got the same problem with the cyclone 4200 and really want to get a side by side but need the 4 seats. Thanks.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hogladyrider

We live fulltime in our 3611JS and we are looking to purchase a side by side as well. We are looking at the 50" wide units just in case we opt to downsize someday as a 50" will fit in the bed of our pickup!

We got hooked last summer when we were in Custer, SD and we rented them twice!

We realize with our smaller garage that if the side by side travels with us then the Goldwing will have to stay home, we can't fit them both in if for no other reason than the weight!

Susan

Nbomar

We live fulltime in our 3611JS and we are looking to purchase a side by side as well. We are looking at the 50" wide units just in case we opt to downsize someday as a 50" will fit in the bed of our pickup!

We got hooked last summer when we were in Custer, SD and we rented them twice!

We realize with our smaller garage that if the side by side travels with us then the Goldwing will have to stay home, we can't fit them both in if for no other reason than the weight!

Susan

I love my Honda, but make sure to check out the canam trail edition they just released. It looks pretty awesome. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hogladyrider

Thanks we just looked and sat in the Can Am Maverick this week and we really like it. Still in research stage, so no purchase yet.

Susan

LBR

Thanks we just looked and sat in the Can Am Maverick this week and we really like it. Still in research stage, so no purchase yet.

Susan
You won't go wrong with a Maverick, no matter what model it is...are you looking at the X3?

gpshemi

We put out P1000-5 in the back of our CY3612. Fits ok. We have the older style larger loft, so I have to pull in till the lightbar on the roof nearly kisses the loft. From there I have 3-4" of clearance in the back. No problems here. The newer floor plans don't have the queen lofts, so they should fit it much better.

zzonner

Tried once to get the Honda 1000-5 into the 4200 and it won't fit, just too wide. They way the garage in the 4200 is 12' but it measures 8'-0" wide by 10'-9" long from the 3 season doors. It's that darn second bathroom. I want a 5 seater UTV to allow my dogs to lie in the back. Has anyone modified the walls in the garage? Reluctant to tear into it without knowing how it's constructed. Is there any narrower UTV that has a flat platform in the back for my dogs? Thanks for your input.

gpshemi

Heartland should really consider making that 2nd bathroom an option. Alot of us dont want or need it.

BLR

Heartland should really consider making that 2nd bathroom an option. Alot of us dont want or need it.
I agree.. that's one reason we picked the model that we have. Never wanted a 2nd bathroom.

Sent from BLR Logistics

918rider

Never really got a solid answer so I finally dragged the cyclone 4200 down to the dealer to try it. Holy **** its tight but the Honda 1000-5 fit.

The le model had a bigger bumper so had to switch it out for standard one. Also had to put ratchet strap on front left wheel to frame to dog it down 1.5 inches.

Otherwise it went in pretty easy.
3f00407daeebddedfd14a7f8e63fcfb3.jpg
f0f4141fef87524b36adf81e33b236c0.jpg
79ab0797d4a910e40a3783895d1ef054.jpg

Hogladyrider

WOW....talk about a TIGHT fit! Good for you.

Our Honda Pioneer 1000-5 fits into our 11' garage perfectly!

Getting ready to beef up our suspension with MORryde 8k IS and new wheels and tires......we have Alaska on our bucket list for 2020!

We have been fulltime in our 3611JS for 3 years and we love it! We've got it just the way we like it and love our home on wheels.

Susan

Hogladyrider

IMG_20190327_130726904.jpg

Our Honda Pioneer 1000-5 in the garage of our 3611JS. We load it to the one side and our bicycles are on the other side. We always have access to the half bath. For some reason when the photo is uploaded it rotates and I can not figure out how to fix....sorry!

WillyBill

We have two toys in our garage - a 2016 Honda Pioneer 500 and a Hobie Tandem Mirage Outfitter Kayak w/ sail and outriggers on a little trailer. Could put our bicycles in too if we want. Also carry a 10' extension ladder and a 3' fire ring and a 5 gal bucket of fishing rods, LOL. Need an extra kitchen sink! Goof thing our Cyclone is a triple axle.

WB

Sowie

Never really got a solid answer so I finally dragged the cyclone 4200 down to the dealer to try it. Holy **** its tight but the Honda 1000-5 fit.

The le model had a bigger bumper so had to switch it out for standard one. Also had to put ratchet strap on front left wheel to frame to dog it down 1.5 inches.

Otherwise it went in pretty easy.
3f00407daeebddedfd14a7f8e63fcfb3.jpg
f0f4141fef87524b36adf81e33b236c0.jpg
79ab0797d4a910e40a3783895d1ef054.jpg

I know this is an older post but I’m about to pull the trigger on a P1000-5 and going to try and squeeze it into my 4200. Does anyone know if theirs fit with the add on roof?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk