No overflow lines

Fern

Getting ready to take our new Tony’s Sundance 291qb on a short trip to try it out.
I filledthe fresh water tank and made sure it was at a slow rate.
When It was full water started coming out of the fill port and did not see any overflow line
Do they not have any or can you suggest where they might be.
Down below I found my fresh water drain and low point drains but don’t see any other kines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Fern,

Some, not sure all, models have fresh tank overflows that usually go through the frame and terminate in 90 degree Pex fittings. The overflows coming through the frame were introduced some years back on models using the 4 Way Anderson Valve rather than a "gravity fill" for the fresh tank fill.

On our 2011 Landmark, we have a "gravity fill" with a vent next to the fill opening. When full, water comes back out the fill opening and sometimes spits a little out the vent.

I've attached pictures of both the "gravity fill" and of an overflow.

Attachments

• Gravity Fill w vent notation.jpg
    Gravity Fill w vent notation.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Fresh Tank Overflow.jpg
    Fresh Tank Overflow.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 39

Fern

Thanks for the pics. I definitely do not have any extra lines besides the fresh drain and low point drain.
It did spill out from the gravity fill as you mentioned

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the overflow lines come into being with the advent of the closed Anderson valve system to prevent over pressurizing the water tank? With an open gravity fill port, that was not a possibility.

danemayer

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the overflow lines come into being with the advent of the closed Anderson valve system to prevent over pressurizing the water tank? With an open gravity fill port, that was not a possibility.

John,

I'm not entirely sure, but I think on some recent builds using gravity fill, the fresh tank may have overflow ports. It's possible that tank manufacturer might find it easier to manufacture tanks all the same way rather than build 2 configurations; one with overflows and one without.

Attachments

• Fresh Tank Overflow on tank.jpg
    Fresh Tank Overflow on tank.jpg
    960 KB · Views: 22

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John,

I'm not entirely sure, but I think on some recent builds using gravity fill, the fresh tank may have overflow ports. It's possible that tank manufacturer might find it easier to manufacture tanks all the same way rather than build 2 configurations; one with overflows and one without.

That's a distinct possibility, Dan. The photos I took at the 3011 and 2013 Rally tours don't include complete photos of the water tanks. One does show the spin welded level sensors, though!