Landmark Concord termination pipe

crmfghtr

20191106_132259.jpg

I contacted heartland customer service today about the rear termination pipe on our new LM Concord (see image).When we left the last rv Resort the rear termination cap on the pipe was pulled off, going down the driveway, leaving the resort. When I expressed my concern to heartland, Cody in service told me that any modification to the termination pipe would void the entire warranty.
What!!
I told them it will be more expensive for them to possibly replace a tank and pipe due to poor location of this pipe.
He replied "we won't warranty that, your insurance would have to pay for that repair".
I can't believe this is the position they are taking on this poor design issue. I told them I wanted to relocate the termination point to a less hazardous location and he told me the entire coach warranty would be void if i did that.

I said if if voids the rear tank warranty then so be it. But the entire warranty? Not really happy with heartland right now.
Re-thinking my purchase.

danemayer

The best thing you can do is to read the actual warranty statement in your trailer manual. If you can't find your manual, you can download one here.

As you'll read, Cody doesn't have authority to change the terms of the warranty. And if he mis-states what the warranty statement actually says, it's of no consequence to you other than being annoying.

So you'll find that warranty says it doesn't cover things that you don't like, or things you consider to be a design defect. It also says the warranty doesn't cover damage resulting from a modification. But neither does it say that if you make a modification that the entire warranty is voided. So you really don't need to worry about a modification voiding the entire warranty.

Rather than do a complete relocation of the sewer outlet, you might run a string from the bottom of the rear cap to the bottom of the rearmost tire. If you can simply shorten the outlet to keep the pipe above that string, I think that should keep it clear of any obstacle short of one that's going to impact your rear cap.

crmfghtr

I was just trying to make them aware of a design problem. I didn't even ask them to pay for anything. I'm sure this is not the last they will hear about this issue. I concur with what you said, moving it forward a few feet will keep it out of harm's way. I know Cody doesn't have final say so on warranty claims. I couldn't believe he would even make such a statement. I told him I would deal with that at the time. His customer service skills upset me. He should have looked at it in a constructive view.
I will most likely modify it because I'm trying to avoid a real disaster later on. This is our home right now and we can't afford the time for big problems. Thanks for the information and allowing me to vent.
Regards,

Lets just say you were traveling some object snapped off the low fitting. Now and emergency repair would void the whole trailer warranty I don't think so.I do not think the rep knows his --- from and elbow.Does changing bulbs, Faucet, Mattress, Thermostat,Tires effect the warranty.They make shorter elbows that was most likely someone to lazy to get the correct one on the assembly line. I would swap it out and worry about that if you need work done. Besides let the prove you altered it.Maybe it was damaged in transport who looks that closely to a sewer hook up.

crmfghtr

Re: Landmark Concord termination pipe UPDATE

20191111_140653.jpg
Fixed the problem, raised the pipe and moved the termination point in front of the spare tire. Hopefully this should solve the problem. On another note, I was contacted by Tim at heartland and he assured me moving the pipe would not void the warranty. He was glad I brought it to their attention.